21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not 100% sold on that defensive unit but I do love the forward line, ruck/rover lines.
It's dynamic. Not intended to be a lockdown defensive type. That's not how footy is played today. Port put on a clinic with Sydney with this list after taking out Esava into the forward line.

BZT and Bergman are similar players, can both play 3rd man up, can both run, can both spoil, defend. Evans is a nimble defender. Houston and Farrell are the extricators of the team. My team is not to dissimilar to this.

AND I still have 2 more players to round it to address a couple of missing pieces.

1722746735650.png

It's dynamic. Not intended to be a lockdown defensive type. That's not how footy is played today. Port put on a clinic with Sydney with this list after taking out Esava into the forward line.

BZT and Bergman are similar players, can both play 3rd man up, can both run, can both spoil, defend. Evans is a nimble defender. Houston and Farrell are the extricators of the team. My team is not to dissimilar to this.

View attachment 2068555

I am not saying it is a bad defensive unit, but I would be worried about it if it went into a game against North with Gehrig and Hall or Glen Iris with Hawkins and J.Riewoldt.

I am not saying it is a bad defensive unit, but I would be worried about it if it went into a game against North with Gehrig and Hall or Glen Iris with Hawkins and J.Riewoldt.
It's the whole team structure that counts in today's game. If we were playing open 80s footy, I'd be gravely concerned but with the third man up, forwards can't dominate like they used to.

I have another mid to tall defender to select, and one small defender like Farrell, and that's why I selected SDK (Remember he's still young. He'll round out with size in time)

It's the whole team structure that counts in today's game. If we were playing open 80s footy, I'd be gravely concerned but with the third man up, forwards can't dominate like they used to.

I have another mid to tall defender to select, and one small defender like Farrell, and that's why I selected SDK (Remember he's still young. He'll round out with size in time)

Yes I agree the entire unit is more important than the individual. I love discussing this actually as it is a lot of fun discussing what we all think an AFL team should be, as in what sort of players and how these players compliment a certain game plan that we think is one that could take a team to a premiership.

I for instance really wanted strong half backs. It was important to me to get them early as I see half backs setting up so many plays in the modern game. Without strong halfbacks who can setup attacks teams ability to score is strongly deminished, and this is a fairly recent thing as back in the 80's half backs were not really seen that way.

I also fully get your desire to have movement in your defensive 50 as like with my idea it means being able to setup attacks from defence.

How was Jesse Hogan's game today, Mr Meow?

Checking in on other key forwards performances in big games this weekend.

Curnow update Purple7x08_24 ?
I traded him into my Supercoach team last week as a bit if insurance and because they had a relatively soft last five games and though the Flat Tracker would be building up for finals.

He was handy last week, but 33 points last night wasn't the answer I was looking for...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Checking in on other key forwards performances in big games this weekend.

Curnow update Purple7x08_24 ?
Zac Butters was solid all game. Wines dominated the center clearances

I Gave Willem Drew 5 votes, Horne Francis 4 votes, Georgeades 3 vote, Butters 2 votes and Wines 1 vote. Lot of good players.

Heeney was one of the better players for Sydney

Zac Butters was solid all game. Wines dominated the center clearances

I Gave Willem Drew 5 votes, Horne Francis 4 votes, Georgeades 3 vote, Butters 2 votes and Wines 1 vote. Lot of good players.

Heeney was one of the better players for Sydney
Sorry I don't think I phrased it clearly:

Checking in on other key forwards

Heeney has been pretty poor lately too. That midfield is a leaky tap.

That is like saying Heeney is one of the better sexually transmitted illnesses. He may not be HIV but he is still making your genitals itch.
Heeney so far also has a somewhat underwhelming finals record.

17.7 disposals and under a goal per game. Just 3 goal assists from 14 finals despite being a half forward.

WCE - pick 319
Sam De Koning (204cm)

Again, a pick on projection for my bench. This kid has all the tools, is also very athletic and versatile.

Fadge

Sorry for the delay guys, I needed a quick nap
Sorry mate, I've already picked SDK, go again

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back