21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that I have full control of the Collingwood list, I'm going to address a long term bug-bear of mine...

I've seen our team let the likes of Sam Mitchell, Zac Merrett, Lachie Neale and Paddy Cripps run amok against our team, whilst our best (including most recently the great man Nick Daicos himself) are locked down with a hard tag.

So for my first bench player, Collingwood are selecting with pick #320 'The Pink Pig' - Cameron Ling.

Triple premiership player, premiership captain in 2011, club best and fairest, All-Australian and great mates with our Captain Jono Brown, who can lock down the opposition's best midfielder, find the ball himself, and push forward for the odd goal when required.

Ling will be a great fit at Collingwood for the next 15 years.

reggie - all yours.

Last edited:
Now that I have full control of the Collingwood list, I'm going to address a long term bug-bear of mine...

I've seen our team let the likes of Sam Mitchell, Zac Merrett, Lachie Neale and Paddy Cripps run amok against our team, whilst our best (including most recently the great man Nick Daicos himself) are locked down with a hard tag.

So for my first bench player, Collingwood are selecting with pick #320 'The Pink Pig' - Cameron Ling.

Triple premiership player, premiership captain in 2011, club best and fairest, All-Australian and great mates with our Captain Jono Brown, who can lock down the opposition's best midfielder, find the ball himself, and push forward for the odd goal when required.

Ling will be a great fit at Collingwood for the next 15 years.
Loved Lingy. He was on my list too but I thought he might make it to my next pick.
Ohhh well.

I can just hear Brownys voice saying that now.

Loved Lingy. He was on my list too but I thought he might make it to my next pick.
Ohhh well.

I can just hear Brownys voice saying that now.
He wasn't. I was gonna take him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lingsface sent me his picks and wants to go Cain Ackland and Cale Morton

Harley Quinn Smile GIFs | Tenor

I'd be putting in a trade request: Serong for Merrett. That last clearance was dynamite.
Meh, was a set play for both teams, and ran in the favour of Essendon. Quite happy to keep Serong.

What else has he ever done?
Well now this is just being unnecessarily salty.

Plenty of great players have been stuck with poor sides. I'd say Merrett has been one of the unluckiest as far as where his talent ended up.

Freo have had many champions not win a premiership, through no fault of their own. James Kelly wasn't a better player than Zach Merrett is now by virtue of his 3 premierships.

Your question was rhetorical so there's no point listing his accolades unless you legitimately are unaware.

Well now this is just being unnecessarily salty.

Plenty of great players have been stuck with poor sides. I'd say Merrett has been one of the unluckiest as far as where his talent ended up.

Freo have had many champions not win a premiership, through no fault of their own. James Kelly wasn't a better player than Zach Merrett is now by virtue of his 3 premierships.

Your question was rhetorical so there's no point listing his accolades unless you legitimately are unaware.
Banter.....Was tempted to say I had to look him up when his name was called, but that was a bit much

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back