21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay - This pick has shown this year that they're the real deal.

Ball pig, mid/forward with some nice skills and tricks. Another high meters gained player, Pretty good mark for his height too. He could be something really special.

He fits really well with my side and I'm please to land him

WCE pick - Sam Flanders

Pick 330 - Windrunners - Charlie Dixon

Adding another All Australian KPF at this time of the draft ain’t bad.
Wanted a third tall that can also play 15% ruck to give Gawn a chop out and he is pretty perfect for that.
Others considered for the role were Josh Jenkins, Stephen King (too much a pure ruckman to go with Gawn), Ben Brown and Noah Balta.

FB: Enright - Weitering - Maxwell
HB: Sinclair - Talia - Goddard
C: Merrett - Mitchell- McCluggage
HF: Parker - Darling - B. Green
FF McDonald-Tipungwuti - Walker - Weightman
R: Gawn - Pendlebury - Thompson
B: Griffen - Dixon - ? - ?

RedmanWasHere

Last edited:
Pick 330 - Windrunners - Charlie Dixon

Adding another All Australian KPF at this time of the draft ain’t bad.
Wanted a third tall that can also play 15% ruck to me to give Gawn a chop out and he is pretty perfect for that.
Others considered for the role were Josh Jenkins, Stephen King (too much a pure ruckman to go with Gawn), Ben Brown and Noah Balta.

FB: Enright - Weitering - Maxwell
HB: Sinclair - Talia - Goddard
C: Merrett - Mitchell- McCluggage
HF: Parker - Darling - B. Green
FF McDonald-Tipungwuti - Walker - Weightman
R: Gawn - Pendlebury - Thompson
B: Griffen - Dixon - ? - ?

RedmanWasHere
That's a pretty handy team.

👏 👏 👏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB Kelly Prestigiacomo Smith
HB Jones Lake Houli
C Cooney Priddis Lovett
HF Monfries Lucas Goodes
F Robertson Fevola Pickett
R Kreuzer Francou Brayshaw
Int Haselby Bell - -
Sub -

I’m requiring a backup ruckman to rotate with Brodie Grundy.

STEVEN KING.

Guardian Hawk.

I’m requiring a backup ruckman to rotate with Brodie Grundy.

STEVEN KING.

Guardian Hawk.

Goot get. Genuinely considered and not you sure if you saw, but referenced/recommended him here:

Obviously I ended up going more of a forward ruck in Rocca as it suits my structure a little better with Cox capable of rucking all game and a slightly smaller forward line but I gave serious consideration to a pure ruck still available that would dominate ad a 2nd ruck.

He was All Australian, won multiple B&Fs and was arguably the best ruck in the game for a period.

Goot get. Genuinely considered and not you sure if you saw, but referenced/recommended him here:

I missed this.

Probably because I was buzzing from him taking a hangar on a goal umpire.

I know exactly who I want for my last 3 bench spots and it's funny, because I think I'll select the least big name first, even though there's more chance of the others going. Not sure if it's the right call but I want the right balance in my side and what I think my side needs most is (a) an elite ball user and (b) a line breaker - so I will look to select both with this selection:

Hawthorn selects Dan Houston.

Pleased to get an All Australian (who could very well make it two in a row this season) with elite foot skills, the ability to kick a long goal and can rack them up with maximum damage (in terms of elite for score involvements and metres gained).

I know exactly who I want for my last 3 bench spots and it's funny, because I think I'll select the least big name first, even though there's more chance of the others going. Not sure if it's the right call but I want the right balance in my side and what I think my side needs most is (a) an elite ball user and (b) a line breaker - so I will look to select both with this selection:

Pleased to get an All Australian (who could very well make it two in a row this season) with elite foot skills, the ability to kick a long goal and can rack them up with maximum damage (in terms of elite for score involvements and metres gained).

OOOF ouch.

A favourite of mine is Houston.

Considered Houston for my pick too but needed Dixon for structure and just liked him quite a bit more than the other options.

whatwhatsaywhat you're up

There's no real 'objective' measures that work to rate teams in such a subjective exercise of course, especially not stats, etc. given the different eras, roles, balance, etc.

But perhaps the only 'award' that applies to all positions is All Australian.

Obviously recognising it's a highly imperfect measure (especially for those who are still early/mid career) based on the subjectivity of others....

But I still think it would be a fun little exercise to see how many All Australian selections each team boasts, as the quality and depth of some of the teams is outrageous.

Anyone keen to work it out for their team?

There's no real 'objective' measures that work to rate teams in such a subjective exercise of course, especially not stats, etc. given the different eras, roles, balance, etc.

But perhaps the only 'award' that applies to all positions is All Australian.

Obviously recognising it's a highly imperfect measure (especially for those who are still early/mid career) based on the subjectivity of others....

But I still think it would be a fun little exercise to see how many All Australian selections each team boasts, as the quality and depth of some of the teams is outrageous.

Anyone keen to work it out for their team?
However many All-Australian guernseys my team has, I expect there will be another 20 to 30 before every player in my team's career is over.

N. Daicos
E. Gulden
JHF
Bont
N. Blakey
Rankine
L. Jackson
B. King

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back