21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Westside Pavlovas select Jay Schulz.

He wasn't much of a player at Richmond which brings his averages down to a level where people overlook him. Richmond 2003-2009 wasn't the best place to develop though.

At Port Adelaide he put together an elite run: 275 goals across 113 games (2.43 goals per game). The first 3 seasons there he only played 15 games per season, which is why his tallies weren't in the 50s.

When Port were actually good in 2014, Schulz kicked a whopping 66 goals. Plug him into a high performing side and he'd have been extremely prolific.

Importantly this gives us a third marking tall forward, one which will also allow us to release Pavlich to midfield or CHB (stiffening up our defence in case of three opposition gun key forwards) whenever required. Schulz would sit deep and Hogan would advance to CHF. But at times we would roll with all 3 to create mismatches, as our elite crumbers (Boomer, Charlie Cameron and Wingard) will keep us mobile when the ball hits the deck.
Already taken by RedmanWasHere

Edit:

Swap made with RedmanWasHere who takes my next pick.

Westside Pavlovas trade for Jay Schulz.

He wasn't much of a player at Richmond which brings his averages down to a level where people overlook him. Richmond 2003-2009 wasn't the best place to develop though.

At Port Adelaide he put together an elite run: 275 goals across 113 games (2.43 goals per game). The first 3 seasons there he only played 15 games per season, which is why his tallies weren't in the 50s.

When Port were actually good in 2014, Schulz kicked a whopping 66 goals. Plug him into a high performing side and he'd have been extremely prolific.

Importantly this gives us a third marking tall forward, one which will also allow us to release Pavlich to midfield or CHB (stiffening up our defence in case of three opposition gun key forwards) whenever required. Schulz would sit deep and Hogan would advance to CHF. But at times we would roll with all 3 to create mismatches, as our elite crumbers (Boomer, Charlie Cameron and Wingard) will keep us mobile when the ball hits the deck.

Last edited:
Give me a Schulz type player, people.

Maybe Oscar Allen?

Purple7x08_24.

Wherever I've selected Schulz, I'm happy to have Mr Meow's name there and I'll make my selection now if Mr Meow is happy with the trade.
I'm ok with that. I don't think people were opposed to that when it was floated early in the game;

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As in swapping the order of remaining a remaining pick?

If I took it literally that would mean you get two subs and I get none. :p

Nah.

You take the spot I was in when I picked up Schulz and I'll select a player soon.

Basically, it's a pick for pick swap.

I appreciate the actual answers. Yeah Membrey's output was very solid and I liked Burton as a player. Schulz is just a little bit more "full forward" worthy if we want to move Pav around the field, which we will.
Pav will always be a Docker. As long as you're aware of that. One club player.

Nah.

You take the spot I was in when I picked up Schulz and I'll select a player soon.

Basically, it's a pick for pick swap.
Like when Orlando Magic swapped Webber for Hardaway with Golden State

With Mr Meow's original selection which is now mine, I'm choosing MICHAEL WILSON.

Instead of tagging either Guardian Hawk or PhoenixBonez like I normally would, this time, I'll tag theasian.

I assume one's a Latrell and the other's a Devontae.
Webber was drafted to Orlando but Shaq wanted Hardaway. Webber was never going to work with Shaq and Hardaway already had a connection with Shaq. Penny Hardaway was my favorite player in the 90s.

Sydney draft Josh Dunkley.

After letting go of him in the actual draft, Sydney realise their mistake and recruit the gun mid 9-10 years later.

Can play as a defensive mid, inside ball winner, and is strong overhead enabling him to play across HF if needed.

RUNVS you are next

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back