21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be gone for the next 15 hours so I gave my preferences to Guardian Hawk. I hope both the players I want do not get taken though it feels unlikely they will be. One will slip through.
I think my player will be taken, but I have a backup. Both future prospects.

I'm happy to pick for anyone from here FWIW.
I planned things out so I could rely on Nic Nat, but have some backup when required, and he can go up forward.

Got SDK for a versatile player who can backup forward, back, and ruck on the bench. Then 2 mids (Wines, Bruhn) and a pacey defender.

Sorry peeps .I had planned on taking Tim English here but he's gone.

Gimme 15.

I need someone I can trust back or forward. Westhoff I'm comfortable with as my back up Ruck now.

Think Balta or Hunter or HH. Hooker has gone.

Just checking I haven't missed anyone (at work currently)
Hunter gone

WCE pick
Harrison Himmelberg
195cm and 94kgs

A player who I have a lot of respect for. Ultra reliable both forward and back. Would be and asset to any side

My team now has a huge amount of flexibility.

Really happy with how it panned out.

Full write up to follow on the weekend along with pick by pick summary if I can find the time.

WCE pick
Harrison Himmelberg
195cm and 94kgs

A player who I have a lot of respect for. Ultra reliable both forward and back. Would be and asset to any side

My team now has a huge amount of flexibility.

Really happy with how it panned out.

Full write up to follow on the weekend along with pick by pick summary if I can find the time.
Good pickup for your squad. REally rounds it out nicely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Ramanauskas

eth-dog

FB Lake Prestigiacomo Smith
HB Jones Egan Houli
C Cooney Priddis Kelly
HF Monfries Lucas Goodes
F Robertson Fevola Pickett
R Kreuzer Francou Brayshaw
Int Haselby Bell Lovett Ramanauskas
Sub -

18 Premierships
1 Norm Smith
4 Brownlows
21 AA's
12 B&F
16 Team leading goalkicker
2 Rising Star
2 Coleman medals
1 Australian of the Year

It's not a sexy team but it's resume stacks up.

Last edited:
Cappadocia

17 x Premierships
4 x Brownlow Medals
1 x Norm Smith Medal
1 x Coleman Medal
25 x All Australian selections

FB: Sheppard - Morris - B Scott
HB: Whitfield - C Bolton - J Lloyd
C: Mundy - Bartel - Sidebottom
HF: L Power - J Cameron - Treloar
FF: Elliot - Larkey - N Davis
R: Primus - Fyfe - Swan
Int: Fraser, Higgins, Gibbs, J Cripps

Defence
Morris and Bolton are strong lock downs in the key positions, Sheppard and Scott can play small and tall and generally use the ball well and Whitfield and Lloyd will provide the run and rebound as highly skilled kickers of the football. Gibbs can come off the bench as a quality ball user behind the ball and if needed Bartel can go back to do a job as well.

Midfield
Primus is elite and has a big body to match other rucks, Bartel, Fyfe and Swan on the inside are as good a trio as you will find - brilliant ball winners, outstanding runners and prepared to defend when required, Mundy and Sidebottom add class and skill on the wings. Higgins and Gibbs are options from the bench to add to the midfield mix and Fraser is the perfect second ruck who can also be dangerous forward. Power and Treloar will start as forwards but could swing on ball if required.

Forwards
Larkey and Cameron are a deadly one two punch in key positions and Fraser can spend some time forward as well to stretch an oppo defence. Elliott plays tall and small and is clutch under pressure as is Davis who will play the small forward role but can also beat his defender on the lead. Power and Treloar can play the high half forward role, Power skills dangerous connecting with the key forwards. Cripps will come off the bench as a small forward with Higgins an option to do the same.

Overall this is a team with an outstanding midfield, a dynamic and dangerous forward line and solid defence. The team has flexibility to throw some players around and provide a different challenge to the opposition. I would have liked one extra tall option in defence but a couple of mid sized defenders have the ability to play tall and with this midfield the ball will go forward from stoppages more often than not.

Pick 364 - Windrunners - Blake Hardwick

Was always picking a 7th defender here and preferably a fairly flexible/smaller one with a hard edge and Hardwick fits the bill as a bloke you can send out to do a job and get it done. Lockdown a small forward but also play his role as part of the team defense, peeling off when needed and has good skills. Having just signed a 5 year deal he’ll end up pushing the toward the 300 game mark I think and be seen as one of the best clubmen of the Hawks. Underrated generally and I thought he was very stiff to miss out on AA squad selection a couple years back as well but continues to be solid. Just not a player that catches the eye of the AA selectors or media in general unfortunately, one of those unheralded roles.

Others considered were Beau Waters (just didn’t get enough good seasons in! His best season was fantastic but not enough of it), Campbell Brown (ew), Nathan Broad (probably a little on the tall side for what we have), Starcevich, Gilbee (great skills but wanted someone more defensively minded) and McGrath (didn’t want another bomber 😅)

FB: Enright - Weitering - Maxwell
HB: Sinclair - Talia - Goddard
C: Merrett - Mitchell- McCluggage
HF: Parker - Dixon - B. Green
FF Darling - Walker - Weightman
R: Gawn - Pendlebury - Thompson
B: Griffen - Yze - Walla - Hardwick

RedmanWasHere you’re up

Pick 364 - Windrunners - Blake Hardwick

Was always picking a 7th defender here and preferably a fairly flexible/smaller one with a hard edge and Hardwick fits the bill as a bloke you can send out to do a job and get it done. Lockdown a small forward but also play his role as part of the team defense, peeling off when needed and has good skills. Having just signed a 5 year deal he’ll end up pushing the toward the 300 game mark I think and be seen as one of the best clubmen of the Hawks. Underrated generally and I thought he was very stiff to miss out on AA squad selection a couple years back as well but continues to be solid. Just not a player that catches the eye of the AA selectors or media in general unfortunately, one of those unheralded roles.

Others considered were Beau Waters (just didn’t get enough good seasons in! His best season was fantastic but not enough of it), Campbell Brown (ew), Nathan Broad (probably a little on the tall side for what we have), Starcevich, Gilbee (great skills but wanted someone more defensively minded) and McGrath (didn’t want another bomber 😅)

FB: Enright - Weitering - Maxwell
HB: Sinclair - Talia - Goddard
C: Merrett - Mitchell- McCluggage
HF: Parker - Dixon - B. Green
FF Darling - Walker - Weightman
R: Gawn - Pendlebury - Thompson
B: Griffen - Yze - Walla - Hardwick

RedmanWasHere you’re up
I really like Hardwick. He was going to be my sub choice.
Great choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back