Player Watch #22 Nick Blakey: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

tXbJBXbU.jpg

Nick Blakey
Nick Blakey is a prodigious talent with a laser-sharp left boot, an outstanding overhead ability and searing pace. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy product booted 21 goals in 19 games in a brilliant debut season en route to winning the club’s 2019 Rising Star award, and while he added a lively element to the forward line last year, he’s likely to play on a wing or in the midfield in 2020. Nick is the son of former Fitzroy and North Melbourne champion John Blakey, who’s had a variety of roles on the Swans’ coaching panel since 2006.

Nick Blakey
DOB: 27 February 2000
DEBUT: 2019
DRAFT: #10, 2018 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: University Of NSW-Eastern Suburbs (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:

Played like a squib today sorry, sat waiting for a free that on replay was borderline at best while they run off and goaled,

Hit the lions on the tit a lot, fell over, missed a goal

wtf Liz

Was almost a great game. His intercept game was strong and that's what he usually builds his games on.

But **** me he just couldn't do anything else right today. Couldn't hit targets, couldn't stick tackles. I'll give him some credit and say I don't think it was his effort that was lacking, but his composure and resilience absolutely was.

Of course he was hardly alone there.

His effort was there for sure but he fell over and he played for frees and just seemed overawed.

watched him live other weeks and he has was in control. Just seemed like the moment really got to him, he wanted to step up but wow it just didn't work

Healy all week has said that during the terrible month he was told to be more conservative and hit targets not concede defensive 50 turnovers.

Feels like he forgot the instructions today

Someone from the club must have told him to take it down
Or he got abused by the thousands of swans fans that spent their hard earned on getting flights, accommodation and tickets to watch him and his team choke in yet another grand final.

No Nick Blakey, life is not ****ing good today

Or he got abused by the thousands of swans fans that spent their hard earned on getting flights, accommodation and tickets to watch him and his team choke in yet another grand final.

No Nick Blakey, life is not ****ing good today
Exactly this. Woke up at 3:30am to catch an expensive flight back from Melbourne and this was one of the first things I saw. Made my blood boil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2125408Yeah, this might be a kick in the face of all the fans who paid thousands to watch the Grand Final. Their life isn't as good right now, unfortunately.
****en hell, that is such a total lack of awareness.

Do not post that shit after the second GF humiliation in 3 years.

Stay off social media and seriously choosing a song called 'Life is Good' :mad:

Last edited:
****en hell, that is such a total lack of awareness.

Do not post that shit after the second GF humiliation in 3 years.

Stay off social media and seriously choosing a sing called 'Life is Good' :mad:
Shows the mentality of the players . Self indulgent flogs. They’re the ones tarnishing they’re reputations and we are the idiots who have to pay for it

What a flog got smashed then thinks it’s ok to party
It IS ok to party.

And it's ok to bounce back straight away, and to get on with living. It's called resilience. The kind that gets these guys to that level. They can brush off the set backs and keep going, keep enjoying life. I know if I got smashed like that in a GF, I'd want to go get hammered and release some tension, disappointment.

If you don't want to see it, not need to follow their social media really.

View attachment 2125408Yeah, this might be a kick in the face of all the fans who paid thousands to watch the Grand Final. Their life isn't as good right now, unfortunately.
Nick looks 50 years old in this picture, I suppose that’s what getting demolished repeatedly in grand finals does to you.

It IS ok to party.

And it's ok to bounce back straight away, and to get on with living. It's called resilience. The kind that gets these guys to that level. They can brush off the set backs and keep going, keep enjoying life. I know if I got smashed like that in a GF, I'd want to go get hammered and release some tension, disappointment.

It’s ok to lose a game but to play like absolute dog shit and then go out posting online like everything’s great? Read the room especially Blakey who couldn’t hit a barn door

It IS ok to party.

It's okay as you say to get on with living.

But the tone deafness of that post is pretty bad to be honest. I don't follow many current players on social media (mainly because most of them are boring as f*** anyway - they are just normal people off the park), but I can fully understand why people were livid to see that, especially with the song/caption on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #22 Nick Blakey: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back