22 Under 22 - 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Walsh is the best player u22 according to AFL ratings.

Thomas is #2

😂
the same rating that have Naitanui as the number 1 player in the league and Liberatore as the 6th?

Yeah because those sound like a good rating system

As others have said, no Tarryn Thomas??? Would get a game in any team.

Just like the how the pro bowl in the nfl is a joke award. Bigger the fan base = more players make the pro bowl.
as would almost any player on the team of 22

Where the Fk is Noah Anderson? He's performed better than half this squad.

Thought I was being a bit one-eyed when I saw Thomas missing, but glad others are pointing out that it's a strange omission.

Glad Sleevo got in.

I know everyone will say this about their own players but how the hell is McInerney not in that team?
I remember when I had a look and tried to pick my best 22 there were 4-5 players I couldn't fit in that I wanted to. The squad of 40 was very good and deep

McCartin on the field in to CHB and take out one of Rivers or Quaynor from the 22. Maybe take both of them out for Ballard in too if you value interceptors more.

Luko and Bailey Smith didn't impress me this year. Chuck Zac Bailey on to one wing, Stephenson on to the other and bring in Moore and Thomas in on the half forward flanks.

Serong in for the 8th defender spot.

I'd consider Allen out because there's so many tall forwards but I'd probably keep him on the bench over Green, McInerney, Schoenberg or any other option. He's been moved around a lot which has cost him his chance to kick plenty more goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since round 10 (when he went into the midfield full time), Thomas has averaged 21 touches, 3.5 clearances, 6 score involvements and 1.3 goals per game.

I know it's fan-voted and literally means nothing other than cheap exposure but that's a pretty glaring omission.

Since round 10 (when he went into the midfield full time), Thomas has averaged 21 touches, 3.5 clearances, 6 score involvements and 1.3 goals per game.

I know it's fan-voted and literally means nothing other than cheap exposure but that's a pretty glaring omission.

North doesn't have a huge fan base probably hurts him.

Thought I was being a bit one-eyed when I saw Thomas missing, but glad others are pointing out that it's a strange omission.

Glad Sleevo got in.
It’s not a strange omission. He’s just not as good as the kids named.

Cheers

B: Brandon Starcevich - Noah Balta - Jordan Ridley
HB: Changkouth Jiath - Sam Taylor - Trent Rivers
C: Adam Cerra - Andrew Brayshaw - Bailey Smith
HF: Zac Bailey - Aaron Naughton - Jack Higgins
F: Kysaiah Pickett - Ben King - Oscar Allen
R: Luke Jackson - Sam Walsh - Shai Bolton
I: Wil Powell - Jack Lukosius - Isaac Quaynor - Noah Anderson

Stiff to miss: Lachie Ash - Harry Schoenberg - Tom Green - James Jordon - Nik Cox
3 names for you.

Butters Rozee Duursma

Are you on drugs?

It's not the 22 under 22 who haven't had injuries.

It pretty much is though 😂😂

Think of it as an AA side for 2021 for young players.

Just because you don't understand the criteria, doesn't make it wrong. I'm not sure they've ever announced the criteria but it's so obvious looking at the sides picked in recent years. Butters and Duursma playing less than half a season doesn't get them in. If it was career based, then Noah Balta is a lock as a premiership full back, or potential based, you'd expect to see Matt Rowell in.

And as for Rozee, well, Pickett, Bolton and Bailey simply had better years. Rozee played the first half of the season underdone.

Rozee - 19 games, av 15.8 disposals, 21 goals total.
Last of the players here for tackles inside 50, score involvements, and 3rd for goal assists

Bailey - 22 games, av 18.6 disposals, 28 goals total, 8th in the LEAGUE for score involvements

Pickett - 22 games, av 12.4 disposals, 35 goals total, 3rd in the LEAGUE for tackles inside 50

Bolton - 20 games, av 19.7 disposals, 23 goals

So really, you want to make an argument that Rozee deserves a spot in a 2021 youth AA side based on what? His 2020 form?

You could say he was ahead of Stephenson, and I agree because I don't rate him that much (although Stephenson was more of a wingman this year, different position), but Tarryn Thomas was ahead of both.

It pretty much is though 😂😂

Think of it as an AA side for 2021 for young players.

Just because you don't understand the criteria, doesn't make it wrong. I'm not sure they've ever announced the criteria but it's so obvious looking at the sides picked in recent years. Butters and Duursma playing less than half a season doesn't get them in. If it was career based, then Noah Balta is a lock as a premiership full back, or potential based, you'd expect to see Matt Rowell in.

And as for Rozee, well, Pickett, Bolton and Bailey simply had better years. Rozee played the first half of the season underdone.

Rozee - 19 games, av 15.8 disposals, 21 goals total.
Last of the players here for tackles inside 50, score involvements, and 3rd for goal assists

Bailey - 22 games, av 18.6 disposals, 28 goals total, 8th in the LEAGUE for score involvements

Pickett - 22 games, av 12.4 disposals, 35 goals total, 3rd in the LEAGUE for tackles inside 50

Bolton - 20 games, av 19.7 disposals, 23 goals

So really, you want to make an argument that Rozee deserves a spot in a 2021 youth AA side based on what? His 2020 form?

You could say he was ahead of Stephenson, and I agree because I don't rate him that much (although Stephenson was more of a wingman this year, different position), but Tarryn Thomas was ahead of both.
Bailey and Bolton, absolutely. Pickett though......hmmmm....

You're looking at totals, right? Not averages.
Because on averages (Rozee played 19 games so hardly a small sample size)
Rozee has Pickett covered for
- Kicks, Handballs, Marks, Inside 50's, Goal Assists, Contested posessions, Uncontested possessions, Effective disposals, Disposal Efficiency, Contested Marks, Rebound 50's, One Percenters, Centre Clearances, Score involvements (just), Meters Gained (just), Frees For/Against differential, Clangers (less of them), Intercepts.
Pickett wins on
- Goals, Tackles, Marks inside 50, Stoppage Clearances, Turnovers (less of them), Tackles inside 50

Bailey and Bolton, absolutely. Pickett though......hmmmm....

You're looking at totals, right? Not averages.
Because on averages (Rozee played 19 games so hardly a small sample size)
Rozee has Pickett covered for
- Kicks, Handballs, Marks, Inside 50's, Goal Assists, Contested posessions, Uncontested possessions, Effective disposals, Disposal Efficiency, Contested Marks, Rebound 50's, One Percenters, Centre Clearances, Score involvements (just), Meters Gained (just), Frees For/Against differential, Clangers (less of them), Intercepts.
Pickett wins on
- Goals, Tackles, Marks inside 50, Stoppage Clearances, Turnovers (less of them), Tackles inside 50

Thomas was well ahead of Rozee playing basically a similar role. As a mid-forward.

Bailey and Thomas should have been the wingman imo.

Most rankings systems have the top 3 of the u/22 age group - Walsh, Thomas, Bailey...

Remove this Banner Ad

22 Under 22 - 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back