Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah ****en inspiration get him more mid time so the dogs can run off him.

In all seriousness he was never cooked , but a half as sub when 40 up v the spooners and a sleepy performance when it mattered v the Lions is ok.

If everyone is fit he is a good sub /backup starter to the mids. But neale made him look slow , the goal was great, but he had zero impact when it mattered

North game was junk time but clearly he’s still of match fitness as he wasn’t played through the middle too often against the lions. Missing two months though suspension has left him lacking match fitness it seems.

Dogs midfield will test him.

Rowbottom's CBAs seemed to go to a combination of Gulden (17) & Adams (12), who both had their highest CBAs for the year. Horse & co presumably chose those two over Parker as the former is our next-best-mid, and the latter had the job on Neale.

But Campbell won more clearances for the day than either Gulden or Adams.

Fox won more contested possessions for the day than either Gulden or Adams.

They both combined for only two centre clearances from a combined 29 CBAs.

I thought both were great today but we didn't get enough from them in terms of pure ball supply from the midfield. Could Parker have offered more? Who knows.
I love Gulden, but prefer him with some space than in the guts.

In a contest for the ball between Parker and Gulden I'd put my money on Parker

Music after goals ruins the crowd involvement too. Numerous times Sydney chant has started but been drowned out by the stupid music. It's my no.1 pet peeve. I don't understand how swans marketing etc & scg think it's a good thing. I doubt many true swans fans actually want to hear it.

It's not done at Melbourne games where you get the opportunity for some great chants because there's rarely music impeding it.
Oh me too! meee tooo!!! Turn that bloody shit off!!!!

Club wants to push him out this year too get some cap back. They don’t want want him beiing paid big money to be playing 2s obviously. They admit they went too long

Still a very healthy relationship with horse

Some wil be happy I guess
Source?

Club wants to push him out this year too get some cap back. They don’t want want him beiing paid big money to be playing 2s obviously. They admit they went too long

Still a very healthy relationship with horse

Some wil be happy I guess
This is just dumb.
Club is in control of their finances. This is speculation born after a few beers or worse.
A clown could not come up with a statement so clumsy.

This is just dumb.
Club is in control of their finances. This is speculation born after a few beers or worse.
A clown could not come up with a statement so clumsy.

It's Punts lol.

He tries his heart out but he isn't up to it anymore and looks as out of place in the middle against good sides as last year, the club knows it too that's why he was sub.

Can he play forward? may as well while Paps is out , but wow another year on his contract this will be shit

Was better than plenty today. Played 2.5 quarters and was in our top half.

Not sure what he's supposed to be doing. Picking Wicks over him in the forward line is simply boneheaded. Indefensible. Picking Adams over him in the midfield is slightly more defensible but he's a bigger butcher than the worst version of what people think Parker is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We aren't giving him a chance to succeed think we can agree on that.

I thought today he would be in the first bounce, thought it wouldn't do much but still.

If not there **** start him in the goal square , at least I know he will bust in and the opposition will have to be good to take it out

Adams was is garbage

Funny how some are only seeing it now and calling it.

Laughable

lol Adams is better right now , they both butcher it.

Horse clearly doesn't even want Parker in the side

Compelling argument

Yeah but you think Parker was one of our best today

I am not convinced you watch the games, just look at the stats sheets
I was at the game, where were you? Do you watch or just type stream of consciousness on here?

Compelling argument..

It's just going to be a pissing contest in this thread after every game isn't it
Big time Charlie's going after him whenever we lose when Chad, Heeney, Gulden, Mills, Adams, florent etc were all far worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back