Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Last edited by a moderator:
Wished it was a seamless fit coming back into a side that was dominant. Saw the emotion when players got around him against North. Instead he came back into a side that was a shadow of itself from earlier on in the season.

His return hasn't really worked out for him.
Our capitulation in the midfield has highlighted his lack of speed. But I'll give it to him, he's still having a dig. However, our troubles are way beyond Parker's ability to rectify.

For those advocating him as semi permanent forward, the moment when allir ran from 15m behind him to get to the ball shows why this can never work. Speaking of which it’s really interesting that horse moved him on …

This coupled with heeney then kicking it out on the full after Parker somehow managed to keep the bal in the area.

He’s not a full time forward. At best he’s a 20% and withmcdonald ladhams wicks and McLean around him you might as well give the other team the ball (which we did as well)
On the contrary, he still bested Aliir in that contest despite his lack of speed whereas the quicker player he should be replacing as a forward didn't get near it all night yet again.

Can we just start him forward and leave him there one week ? Stop the sub shit, forget trying to ask him to save the midfield . Just tell him to lead the forwards and organise the talls and keep the ball down there with pressure and smarts.

I have been a critic, but heck me he was sub, midfield, sub, sub

Why haven't we tried him forward to start one ****en time!!!!!!!!
At the very least if he kicks a goal or does something the crowd get going and inspire some spirit out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was one move Horse finally got mostly right the balance of playing Parker, he suits a back to the wall just get the ****en thing moving time in the middle . Doesn't have the polish of the others but has guts.

Pinch hitting suits, though he usually beats up the dons so let him run rampant .

Ended wicks season

That was one move Horse finally got mostly right the balance of playing Parker, he suits a back to the wall just get the ****en thing moving time in the middle . Doesn't have the polish of the others but has guts.

Pinch hitting suits, though he usually beats up the dons so let him run rampant .

Ended wicks season

I think he does have polish and composure sometimes though. The look into the corridor to spot up Logan was it?

Ended wicks season
I think Wicks might have caused Ash Johnson to be concussed. Didn't see it but the commentators of the VFL game seem to think it was a bad tackle. If so, I'd say Wicks is finished for the year.

Wicks lol

You gotta have impact regardless of speed

He will most likely drop of next and get canned anyway but if he doesn’t play last night we struggle to win

He won't drop off against Essendon , will probably be BOG, they are Parker's bunny

Said this weeks ago in this thread that they are going to try and push him

Was called a dumbass
No you were asked what your source was.

It was very obvious the club was pushing him out of midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back