Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the thoughts mate.
My body is not holding up too well. Going to hospital again tomorrow. Have a major op soon.
I am not travelling too well.

Busy working at my primary school. Was at camp today. Camp goes until Friday arvo.
I am busy painting some parts of the school with the kids.
I have another crew of kids doing repairs. They like it because I let them use the power tools.
I am working on another big project too which will be unveiled to the kids next week.

My laptop failed. I bought a new one but trying to get The List salvaged from the other one. Hopeful.
I am doing a bit of study too.

I suppose I have been a bit quiet.

hang in there, mate ...

My body is not holding up too well. Going to hospital again tomorrow. Have a major op soon.

Busy working at my primary school. Was at camp today. Camp goes until Friday arvo.
I have another crew of kids doing repairs. They like it because I let them use the power tools.
I am working on another big project too which will be unveiled to the kids next week.

My laptop failed. I bought a new one but trying to get The List salvaged from the other one. Hopeful.

Trust in medical science and fill your time - thats what I do. 😉👍

Take care of yourself rusty!

Just echoing the thoughts of others rusty, look after yourself and I hope you are back to your best asap.

Great the way you give back to the community. :thumbsu:

However, and I may have read this entirely the wrong way, but I'm not sure this is a great idea;
'Have a major op soon......I am working on another big project too which will be unveiled to the kids next week.' :think:

The project is a lesson in caring for recovering patients. First the kids build a nice comfy reclining chair, then they are tasked with routinely bringing food and drink and making sure said patient is well taken care of. It's not the worst idea I've heard

In all seriousness, take care and all the best

Hang in there mate... fingers crossed it all goes well!

Hope all goes well mate.

Sorry to hear mate best wishes everything goes well

I greatly respect your posts Rusty. Get well mate.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Thinking Of You Hug GIF

All the best Rusty!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adams may get the spot back, Parker has performed well against Crows, Pies, Dons, Roos

Unfortunately in September you play top 8 sides
****ing hell mate during a final and you're still obsessing. Get a grip.

He sounds like he is gone at the end of the season based on his answer to the question of North having any interest in him and if they've spoken to him/his management
The post-game hug between Longmire and Parker was also a little bit awkward. You don’t want to read into too much as Longmire can sometimes be a bit awkward, but to me it seemed like there was a micro second where each were thinking rather than automatically embracing. It didn’t look like there was animosity, just not the same level of warmth that other players had with Longmire.

If he goes to North it'll look a lot like when Nick Mal left for the Suns. And that's fine. No one will remember he played for North after his career. Same with Hanners and the Saints

That's still an if

Bit different when he's going to celebrate his 300th game with them though.

With all due respect to Nick Mal, I think it would be more like when Hodge went to Brisbane.

Gold Coast bought a good player near the end of his career with Nick Mal. Brisbane bought a leader in Hodge, who helped build the DNA of their present day competitiveness.

I think it would only enhance Parker’s reputation as a Blood if he went to a developing club and then years later the players were winning games and crediting Parker for instilling a strong culture in their club.

Sydney has evidentially indicated that we think can build on Parker’s legacy and reinvent how we play to go up another level. We should relish Parker helping another club to lift its standards so it keeps pushing us to be the best we can be.

All power to Parker if he moves on. I’d wish him every success with his new club, except when he plays the swans - in which case I hope we use our inside knowledge to exploit his every weakness and win the game!

It's just a frustration we ****ed around with him in the VFL so much this year, as I'd feel less shitty about him being pushed out if he'd already reached 300 this year with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back