Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

If only he tackled as often as you insulted absolute legends of the nmfc and one of the greatest players in the clubs history, hey?
Give us a break!
Gaso flew over to Adelaide to watch Boomers last game so i think that shows how much he loves the club.
Everyone and his dog knows Boomers defensive side is non exsistent and it might be the reason he doesn't get picked up by another club.
So spare us with ur apologist bullshit..

Give us a break!
Gaso flew over to Adelaide to watch Boomers last game so i think that shows how much he loves the club.
Everyone and his dog knows Boomers defensive side is non exsistent and it might be the reason he doesn't get picked up by another club.
So spare us with ur apologist bullshit..
Nah the potting and snide comments aimed at Boomer here are ridiculous.

Who'd have think that someone could absolutely love the way a guy played and at the very same time been able to see limitations in his game.

I mean clearly humans should only be able to have one thought about someone and that's it.

Boomer is a legend of our club, has been brilliant to watch for a long time,could go around again.

He also sometimes chose not to do the defensive aspects of the game.

Football 2016 buldogs is a scrum for the first half then opens up if you don't tackle and north had too many. Then you are going to struggle boomer great for forward kicks into 50 and his football brain. But it may struggle with the Bulldogs style if that makes sense.

Who'd have think that someone could absolutely love the way a guy played and at the very same time been able to see limitations in his game.

I mean clearly humans should only be able to have one thought about someone and that's it.

Boomer is a legend of our club, has been brilliant to watch for a long time,could go around again.

"Sometimes" is being kind. He was such a brilliant attacking player at his best that it could be ignored. Problem is, as the speed and tricks started to wane, the defensive efforts showed up more.

Scott gave him a fair leash for a longtime. I wonder if Pagan would have been as accomodating?

Plenty of times. Him and NDS together in the same team was borderline asking for it.

There in lies the crux of it, if W8 goes around again it makes a mockery of the reset rebuild.
We have BBB, Mason and possibly Maj down forward so why keep a 34yr old injury prone W8.
If people don't remember he played 2 of the last 8 or so games due to injury.
Boomer was playing good footy and yes we have young players to step up so he was moved on.
Likewise we have young players to fill W8's spot and yet the talk is we are keeping him, yet he played only played 14 games due to injury and 2 of those he arguably was hurt and didn't play full games or contribute.
No wonder boomer is a tad pissed off, who wouldn't be..
Mixed messages much....
2 different positions for 2 different players......

Last edited:
Have a tissue flog. Its boomer who is the disgrace the way he is acting. Just take a look at how Matthew Boyd is handling the uncertainty and he's had a far better season than Boomer and is 5 years younger. Boomer is being selfish
You're a good Nth man Thringy but Boomer is hurt.......hasnt bashed the club nor the coach. Just expressing his frustration mate.........if he gets paid for it then good luck to him.........what he does have to do is look back to what he has stated before.
Being a one club player, one that as long as the club wants him then he's happy to lace up again..........everyone knows that he's capable probably one more season. But he wants to make the call.........after being there for so long.

Remember Malthouse always said it was smarter for a player to finish up his career with a little in the tank than one who was completely spent and embarrassing himself and spluttering to the finish line.
Emotion is still raw......let him get it out of his system and if he wants to go on then we who have enjoyed his football before should wish him all the best .

I think the above bit holds true of Dish, we all loved the way he went about it, but this year it was just sad to see his decline.
He struggled to get into a lot of games and his forward pressure and goal kick was sadly down.
I think certainly the last half of the season and even before that it was evident that drewy shouldn't have been out there.
However I put that squarely on the selection committee and Brad Scott, these guys were putting their faith in him to return to his glory days and when he didn't they didn't want to pull the trigger and drop him either, they were happy to blow smoke up his butt that made him think he could keep playing until boomers age.
Had Drewy have hung up the boots last year I think we would remember him more fondly as a skilled forward and great bloke (the great bloke will be remembered long after this season but this years performance is a blot on his career).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club has posted 2016 player stats just the top 3 for each category Boomer 3rd for goals 2nd for inside 50's and 3rd for meters gained. Given that we have delisted him do these stats say more about him as a player or more about us as a club and where our overall list is at? It will be interesting if Boom plays on at another club to see if he can maintain that consistency especially on a better list.

Club has posted 2016 player stats just the top 3 for each category Boomer 3rd for goals 2nd for inside 50's and 3rd for meters gained. Given that we have delisted him do these stats say more about him as a player or more about us as a club and where our overall list is at? It will be interesting if Boom plays on at another club to see if he can maintain that consistency especially on a better list.

Says what a champ boomer is but at the same time says a lot about where we are as a club at the moment. I am convinced they delisted him due to him being dominate still in the side.

Was he top 20 for any defensive stat?

Tackles?

I don't know why it would matter how good or bad Boomer performs at another club next year.

They only showed the top 3 for each stat, would have been good if they had done top 5. I suppose there's a list with all players rankings but I'm too tech challenged to find it :)

Noone one doubts that Boomer could squeeze out another year but we would need to play one man down defensively and not sure if that benefits anyone

Was he top 20 for any defensive stat?
So true......many a time Ive screamed at the screen watching over the years. But you have to see the player for what he has as an attribute, boomer wasn't blessed with physicality, he wasn't there to crash and bash. Dal Santo is probably in the same boat.
Players have to play to their strengths........even more so at the end of their careers.

So true......many a time Ive screamed at the screen watching over the years. But you have to see the player for what he has as an attribute, boomer wasn't blessed with physicality, he wasn't there to crash and bash. Dal Santo is probably in the same boat.
Players have to play to their strengths........even more so at the end of their careers.

Great for the individual but is it good for the team?

Noone one doubts that Boomer could squeeze out another year but we would need to play one man down defensively and not sure if that benefits anyone

It's not just Boomer, Dal was putrid defensively. Cunners could barely stick a tackle all year. Gibbo. The forward line in general. I've gone horse this year yelling "FFS stick ya tackles"

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back