Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not just Boomer, Dal was putrid defensively. Cunners could barely stick a tackle all year. Gibbo. The forward line in general. I've gone horse this year yelling "FFS stick ya tackles"

Yes but Boomer has pace and only uses it going towards goal in his latter years. Im not bashing the champ as a footballer, he was brilliant but some of his spread defensively has been woeful and a poor example to the younger blokes.

As much as i love all our senior players, they have have fallen short in setting the required standards for ultimate success. Time to see what all these first 3 round draftees have got.

Great for the individual but is it good for the team?
Passmore, Its a good question and I totally understand the importance of culture, moral, ethics etc......but when Boomer wasn't offered another year...........its was the marking of a new direction for the club. We offloaded big Hamish a few years back.Good club man was Hamish....expressed his love for the club ......but.

Richmond is facing the same dilemma .....keep Deludio or trade him for future quality picks?
Fremantle, West Coast and even Adelaide may chase that extra quality they've lost with Dangerfield and the impending retirement of Thompson.

So what do we do sit on our hands ? It wasn't too long ago that many here were complaining we weren't active enough in trade week.

I see it this way if we're seen doing very little........was does that show to a potential player thinking of leaving his club, and maybe eyeing off NMFC.
We have to show to the footy public its now a full reset (if you want to use the term) and be aiming for 2021 and beyond. >> we have to tart ourselves up for the big dance come saturday night folks.......or no one will want to dance with us.

Can only assume he might have made a decision on next year
Yeah or maybe he hasn't, as in 'don't decide when you're sad'.. dunno too cryptic for a slowy like me..

EDIT: Just seen Archeleven post and agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing but life goes on..

If Boomer decides to play on, I wouldn't begrudge him at all… if he kicks goals against North…. the look on Brad's face will be priceless.. :p

Didn't agree with the decision but reading Boomer's statement underlines a clear change in direction. Part of me understands that… then again.. the sentimental side isn't impressed.

Did he pass by locker number 8?
Kevin Bartlett suggested that if Wells left, why not reconsider Harvey for 2017. Take him with a final pick, nothing to lose....great deal to win for Brad, the supporters and the football world

KB is a simpleton of the highest order. *smh* If it's KB's way of taking the piss.. that bitterness within him is clearly lingering.

110915_GreigLarge.jpg

Looks like Boomer asked the question, and was told "2 weeks", rinse and repeat

That Hawthorn game (at the 'G) was THE SCARRING that forced Brayshaw to lambast the team publicly.. I wasn't happy with the TEN passengers including Boomer… but FFS.. the real issue is ONFIELD LEADERSHIP… call out Boomer all you like… he backed it up the following week /s… unlike others.

That Hawthorn game (at the 'G) was THE SCARRING that forced Brayshaw to lambast the team publicly.. I wasn't happy with the TEN passengers including Boomer… but FFS.. the real issue is ONFIELD LEADERSHIP… call out Boomer all you like… he backed it up the following week /s… unlike others.
Is Goldstein one of our onfield leaders, just asking ? :)

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If we had won six out of the last thirteen instead of two it would be different, in hindsight if they knew wells was going. I think they may have kept Harvey.

If we had won six out of the last thirteen instead of two it would be different, in hindsight if they knew wells was going. I think they may have kept Harvey.
Considering Wells wasn't signed and hadn't committed then it's incredibly presumptuous of the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back