Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North rely a lot on their experienced players such as Boomer, Spitter, Patchy, Basti, Dish, Ziebs, Wellsy and Azza. The younger blokes in the team have to step up and pull their fingers out.

North rely a lot on their experienced players such as Boomer, Spitter, Patchy, Basti, Dish, Ziebs, Wellsy and Azza. The younger blokes in the team have to step up and pull their fingers out.

Patch 24 years 52 games
Ziebs 22 years 50 games
Basti 21 years 41 games

These players are not experienced. These are some of the younger blokes that you speak of.

The taggers this season are winning at the moment on the little champ and he is longer having the same impact on games. Time for him to play purely forward?

It doesn't matter where he starts on the ground, the oppositions best tagger follows him all game. If he plays mainly forward, I doubt the opposition will let their tagger stay in the defensive part of the ground for most of the game.

His still quick/agile and makes good decisions. Having him as a forward option can only help our forward line.

The taggers this season are winning at the moment on the little champ and he is longer having the same impact on games. Time for him to play purely forward?

It doesn't matter where he starts on the ground, the oppositions best tagger follows him all game. If he plays mainly forward, I doubt the opposition will let their tagger stay in the defensive part of the ground for most of the game.

His still quick/agile and makes good decisions. Having him as a forward option can only help our forward line.

Yep. Opponents know that if Boomer is shut down, we struggle. What upsests me are 2 things:

1. Scotts reluctance to swing Boomer forward & put pressure on the tagger.
2. The inability of any of our young players to step up & take up the slack.

Doesn't look like he's enjoying his footy and is dragging others down with him.
Heard a whisper he took his GPS tracker off at half-time, maybe not keen on what it might have revealed.

He looked like he was steaming with anger when he was sitting on the bench.

I have never seen that look on his face before.

It's a substantial issue, and is one of those ones that's so painfully obvious supporters yet Brad won't swing him forward permanently?

Must happen soon, he will still do damage there and is the only logical way forward for the champ

It's a substantial issue, and is one of those ones that's so painfully obvious supporters yet Brad won't swing him forward permanently?

Must happen soon, he will still do damage there and is the only logical way forward for the champ

It would also be novel actually having a crumber at the the feet of Drew when the two on ones invariably bring the ball to ground and sweep it away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would also be novel actually having a crumber at the the feet of Drew when the two on ones invariably bring the ball to ground and sweep it away.

Too uncomplicated.

It would never work.

I was screaming for this all game. LT is not a crumbers arskhole. f*** giving me two midfielders give me a rover.

Boomer took Cassisi deep forward in the third. Set Drew up with a goal. this should be our set up from now on.

He would be like Milne on steroids. Why not just put him forward. It really just boggles the mind that when ever he is tagged he doesn't go straight to the forward line. Everyone knows he's cant shake a tag. He's an old man ffs

It really just boggles the mind that when ever he is tagged he doesn't go straight to the forward line.

Carey went into the midfield and dragged Silvagni to where he didn't want to be and Blakey took Roos right next the point post in another GF.

Same if Wells is tagged. He could either go forward or back and still cause damage and put the onus back on the opposition tagger and coach.

Our starting small/medium forwards should also be able to play in the midfield.

This is all rubbish talk, why would he want a crumbing forward at Petries feet when he he is outmanned everytime 2 or 3-, Petrie took 2 marks yesterday surely he did his job.

Anyway it doesn't fit into Scotts game plan. We dont want need pace in our forward line when our game plane is to stack it full of dinosaurs.:rolleyes::rolleyes:, with LT the only forward down there with pace who cant kick straight.

Carey went into the midfield and dragged Silvagni to where he didn't want to be
We were a better side than Carlton that year and I never actually thought we'd lose but that was the reason I never copped the notion that Silvagni had Carey's measure. Silvagni was a top notch player but he couldn't hold a candle to Carey. That was the move that put the result beyond doubt.

A couple of things we could do, throw Boomer forward, as has been suggested, or put him in the back half, where he can use his sublime footskills to set up play from there, another one is LT, he should be predominantly played on a wing or even half back, but with a license to run forward and kicks goals, he misses less goals when on the run and from distance.
Drew Petrie should also be played at chb more often too, especially when he is in a form slump.
Amazes me that taggers still pose a problem in the AFL, surely the coaches have a strategy for this?

It would be GREAT to see Boomer play as a permanent small forward from now on for the following reasons:

1. Makes it very difficult to tag him & his direct opponents would be VERY nervous going against him one-on-one.
2. Boomer is a terrific finisher, especially near goals.
3. LT can then be dropped OR given a chance in the midfield. Personally I don't think LT could play in the midfield because of his inability to keep his feet, but happy to give it a shot. Its not like our midfield is setting the world on fire anyway.
4. Puts the onus of responsibility onto the younger guys in the midfield to finally step up to help Wells & Swallow.

It ain't rocket science.

Thouroughly, thoroughly agree.

There is no point in him playing midfield for the rest of this year. We may as well save his legs and see who on our list can cut it in the midfield.

The only draw back to this is that the heat will go even further onto Wells. But it has to be done.

I would like to see Boomer and LT in the same forward line though.

Did i mention that i thoroughly agree?

3. LT can then be dropped OR given a chance in the midfield. Personally

Yep, lets drop one of our only players actually trying. Starting to wonder if this board actually watches the footy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back