Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - tags N.Daicos vs Collingwood - subbed off at 3/4 time??

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my opinion, Will should be played every week, unless carrying an injury or gets injured. Limit his time on the ground to around 60% maybe, but just tell him, the spot is his for the rest of the season.

There have been many instances over the years where players have been given this sort of game time/approach and then one day they have really emerged.

Very different types no doubt, but Geelong are doing this now with Esava Ratugolea and bit by bit it is coming together. He makes some mistakes and gets beaten at times, but he is on track. I tip he will become a long term very valuable part of the Cats defence.

We should give Will every opportunity to forge his own destiny in our midfield. Maybe it won't work out, but what have we got to lose? At least we can say we gave him a go.

In my opinion, Will should be played every week, unless carrying an injury or gets injured. Limit his time on the ground to around 60% maybe, but just tell him, the spot is his for the rest of the season.

There have been many instances over the years where players have been given this sort of game time/approach and then one day they have really emerged.

Very different types no doubt, but Geelong are doing this now with Esava Ratugolea and bit by bit it is coming together. He makes some mistakes and gets beaten at times, but he is on track. I tip he will become a long term very valuable part of the Cats defence.

We should give Will every opportunity to forge his own destiny in our midfield. Maybe it won't work out, but what have we got to lose? At least we can say we gave him a go.
And his character suggests that he won’t be scarred by big losses.

Powells injury might come at a convenient time for WP. Hopefully now he can lock down his place in the side and not worry about JS.

Been an unideal start to the year but we’re playing the long game.
Build on his fitness and get some continuity.

There’s goals and personal benchmarks that he wants to hit and everyone believes that he will.
Hopefully he can just concentrate on his footy and all the extra noise will take care of itself.

There’s a sense of frustration that the list needs major work still, not only from a turnover perspective but a development view and it’s crazy that we’ve seen such high turnover in recent years and will continue to do so. The rebuild is still in its infancy and we really need to pump the brakes on expectation. The results we’re seeing from 2020 till now are indicative of a group of footballers who are nowhere near it. The worst in the comp. The ladder position says so.
I hate saying it because we’ve been in the wilderness for decades, but we need to be patient.
You don’t beg for a Liam Shiels to come out of retirement and take on Howe and Turner if you believe we’re okay.
I mean we could delist 10-11 blokes tomorrow and none would get picked up.

It’s actually bloody murder the state the list has been in the past 5 or so years and we as supporters need to forget about these lost years.
We just weren’t fair dinkum about our strategy and investing in our footy department and development. Hopefully now that’s changing.

This is year 1 guys.

Did Wil say it was ok to reach into our pants, collect and hurl fecal matter at JHFF or in the general direction of Poort players?

Is what I heard, crikey it is on
Speaking of this, mate told me they did a test on the peanuts left in the bowl at a bar recently. And the thing they found most prominent was fecal matter . So safe to say dont play with your nuts at the bar .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back