Player Watch #29: Will Phillips - tags N.Daicos vs Collingwood - subbed off at 3/4 time??

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
learn from LMac
episode 4 lady GIF

Leadership!

“Will” be our captain in 3-4 years time

He has the determination and wants to be the best 💙
Itll go solo captain simpkin next year, ill guess 3 years of that, then will. Whether that be the democratic vote continuing or clarko's call.

Just Wait Cobra Kai GIF by NETFLIX

Your first concern is wrong the second one is less of a concern if he does all the other stuff he's sposed to do based on how he played pre draft.
I don't see any issues with him at all. He's a great ball winner and he's very creative by hand and by foot. He also runs both ways and tackles really well. Defensively I'd put him behind Wardlaw but ahead of the rest of our midfielders. OK, he's not a penetrating kick. However his main job is to win first possession and get it out to damaging players like LDU and Thomas or to create decent F50 entries via short, precise kicks which he is already doing very well.

I don't see any issues with him at all. He's a great ball winner and he's very creative by hand and by foot. He also runs both ways and tackles really well. Defensively I'd put him behind Wardlaw but ahead of the rest of our midfielders. OK, he's not a penetrating kick. However his main job is to win first possession and get it out to damaging players like LDU and Thomas or to create decent F50 entries via short, precise kicks which he is already doing very well.
This is also exactly what he showed pre draft.

Yep.

I still rate him, workrate, very neat and as he shows every time he is dropped to the VFL he is above that level already. I think still another preseason from real inroads and 2024 will see big improvement (to being a regular) and 2025 expect to see him really hit his stride.

How the hell does Will not get brought into the extended squad this week? 🤬 Even Taylor’s been named there.

Would love an explanation from someone here considering he seemed to be one of our best last week. We need to be playing guys like Will every week at this stage of our club’s development.

How the hell does Will not get brought into the extended squad this week? 🤬 Even Taylor’s been named there.

Would love an explanation from someone here considering he seemed to be one of our best last week. We need to be playing guys like Will every week at this stage of our club’s development.

No one here will have a clue. You’d need to get onto Ratten or Clarkson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the long game with will. Let him keep working on what he's working on. Build for 2024.

I couldn't give a fk if we win or lose this week.

Just let him play in a big role in a VFL premiership instead of running around getting smashed in the AFL and not playing his natural position full time for this year

Not a ******* chance. He's just not the type to do that

Everyone has a breaking point. His manager will be in his ear for sure.

30 touches in the twos
Ones get done by 10 goals
Player keeping you out of your position is out injured

And you still cant get in.

Would be remiss of the other 17 list managers to not ask the question.

Absolute disgrace his continued omission from the team.

Lets hope he doesnt have his head turned by a rival offer. Would be 50/50 in regards to requesting a trade i would think.

<chicken little.jpg>

Just a total misread. We are doing the right thing by Will and the club by letting him amass form and touch in the 2s. He would be fully aware that 2023 doesn't matter and this is his preparation for 2024.

<chicken little.jpg>

Just a total misread. We are doing the right thing by Will and the club by letting him amass form and touch in the 2s. He would be fully aware that 2023 doesn't matter and this is his preparation for 2024.

Couldnt disagree more.

VFL is a rubbish competition and theres a spot for him in the seniors, in the middle.

We are hindering his development, which we are good at doing to be honest.

Everyone has a breaking point. His manager will be in his ear for sure.

30 touches in the twos
Ones get done by 10 goals
Player keeping you out of your position is out injured

And you still cant get in.

Would be remiss of the other 17 list managers to not ask the question.
It would be remiss, but I can't see it happening. He's had a fair bit of gametime this year. He had a nice stretch where he was in the first rotation of mids, albeit when LDU was out. He knows he's capable. For all we know the club might be protecting him from the rigours of senior footy until his eye has fully healed. If he doesn't get named in the seniors in the next few weeks, I'll start worrying, but it's not cause for alarm just yet

did you by chance see a photo of his eye?

It would be remiss, but I can't see it happening. He's had a fair bit of gametime this year. He had a nice stretch where he was in the first rotation of mids, albeit when LDU was out. He knows he's capable. For all we know the club might be protecting him from the rigours of senior footy until his eye has fully healed. If he doesn't get named in the seniors in the next few weeks, I'll start worrying, but it's not cause for alarm just yet

This just cant be true, or have any impact on selection.

He has the same amount of risk of copping a stray elbow in the twos as he is in the seniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back