Preview 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS - MCG, Saturday 9th September, 3:20PM AEST *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 85 86.7%
  • Giants

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My predicted Team

B. Webster Cordy Wilkie

H.B. NWM Battle Windhager

C. Hill Crouch Wood

H.F. Butler Hayes Steele

F. Higgins King Membrey

Foll. Marshall Sinclair Gresham

I/C. Owens, Phillipou, Ross, Stocker, Clark-sub

Emerg. Byrnes, Campbell, Sharman

The fact that gws are the best turnover team in the comp right now makes their tall backs a worry. I think we might give up an obscene amount of intercept marks if we go in with King, Sharman and Membrey as our tall options. Sharman may have to miss for one of Hayes or Caminiti due to matchups. Would be stiff and a bitter pill to swallow for Sharman.
If they are that all, we need to be starter and get them on the ground. Most of our forwards are good below their knees and Sharman adds to that.

To me, he's the only choice. Hayes looked a beat behind the pace against Brisbane and Caminiti doesn't have any chemistry with King yet. Sharman is versatile and knows how to play as the 3rd string without getting in Kings way.

My predicted Team

B. Webster Cordy Wilkie

H.B. NWM Battle Windhager

C. Hill Crouch Wood

H.F. Butler Hayes Steele

F. Higgins King Membrey

Foll. Marshall Sinclair Gresham

I/C. Owens, Phillipou, Ross, Stocker, Clark-sub

Emerg. Byrnes, Campbell, Sharman

I think I would roll the dice with Caminti if he is ready and Sharman as sub.

Hayes in the forward line with Membery, King, Steele and Higgins makes it a very slow, ponderous forward line. Could see GWS going cast to coast all day long. Caminti adds some unknown factor.

Clark to me is less versatile as a sub than Sharman and does not add any X-factor.

Seen a lot of finals teams hit the MCG with top-heavy teams and lose. We are not the quickest team, and I think Hayes might have to make way, but at least he is ready if we go deeper into the finals.

Fact that Ross and his team have 2 weeks to prepare for GWS is a huge advantage. That’s his one wood as a coach he knows exactly what to do to beat a team and will have the players ready and completely focus on what is necessary.. Saints by 19 points.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong as I only got these numbers scanning Wikipedia pages but RTB is 10-4 off a bye and 6-0 when coaching St Kilda. He definitely doesn't waste a second when given extra prep time.

I like Sharman as the option with King and Membrey.

He reminds me of Jeremy Howe as a deep forward target with his leap and how hard he hits the defenders. Makes them think twice.

It's also a better dump/bail out kick than putting it on King's head with 3 blokes scragging him.

Well got a reserve ticket, but a bit pissed off about the $8.30 service fee. Good luck to everyone else, shouldn’t be any dramas in terms of availability

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone had an experience where they've booked Wilson's parking online, then showed up and they couldn't get in because the carpark was full?

I've read a few sh*tty stories and would be p*ssed if that happened on game day

I know Secure Parking are currently being given the rubber-glove treatment regarding overbooking, but I've never had problems with my Wilson bookings (and, to be truthful, have also never struggled with my Secure-a-spot bookings)

I like Sharman as the option with King and Membrey.

He reminds me of Jeremy Howe as a deep forward target with his leap and how hard he hits the defenders. Makes them think twice.

It's also a better dump/bail out kick than putting it on King's head with 3 blokes scragging him.
He should be instructed to fly for at least one crazy attempt in the first quarter, just to make the defenders think twice for the rest of the game. Doesn't matter if it gives away a free kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back