Autopsy 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

The Giants' transition was just too good all day.

Nas and Sharman were my standouts from the kids, absolutely big game players.

Our midfield remains to be one paced and our leaders continue to be uninspiring.

Agreed, coaches need to get them working into spaces better and the mids need to actually kick their advantage. The latter of those I feel might be too much to ask of our mids that are not Nas or Sinclair
It's hard to watch and extremely easy to coach against. Opposition know where our entry's are going. Can't kick goals from a 13 man congestion at the top of the square. Requires a Leo Barry mark to convert the entry.

Got properly beaten in the hit outs and Briggs was probably more important for them than Roma was for us. He was good but got beaten where they won it.
Hmm saw it differently, didn’t think Briggs was that influential. They only time he had an influence on clean clearances was when Rohan was on the bench and he was against Caminiti or Owens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing to lose today but not disappointed with the season, a great effort just to make the finals and we were never going all the way.

The big positive is that we've got games into a great bunch of kids this year in Owens, NWM, Phillipou, Sharman, Windhager and Caminiti.

We just need to add to that talent over the off season and hit the gym and track hard over the off season to get bigger and better.

It's hard to compete against the likes of GWS and Gold Coast though that get spoon fed so many top draft picks so we need to draft clever.

I've got faith in the coaching staff we have now under RTB to at least make the most of our draft picks and turn us back into a flag contender

Briggs dominated the ruck. Row killed him around the ground though.
Rowan was the best player on the ground by a country mile. Briggs was OK but he was hardly Sandilands with the service he gave to the midfield. Our midfield was just gutless as they come. That was the issue... And our U12 level delivery inside 50

Seething about that game. How can we be so close but so far…. Again.

Yes, we have some good kids.

I’m totally unconvinced our game style suits modern football after watching that.

Our disciplined structured team defense is great but we get the turnover inside our half and a holding the ball using paid, oppo scorches us and kicks an easy goal. Everything is too hard work for it to be sustainable.

We may not have the playing group to do it and I accept that but we need to play “go forward first” power fooltball to be any chance of wining a flag. There are no rewards for good defense… rules favour the attacker and fair enough. RTB needs to adapt and not rely on talent to get us there in years to come.

Fortune favours the brave.

Henry is a mistake. Will cost us a good pick and he only can play wing.. a spot with a world of difference between marvel and Optus. Hill tonight the example playing well at the g. But nice to have guys want to come to us I guess.

I would trade/ delist Billings, Ross, McKenzie, Gresham, Clark, Howard. These guys aren’t part of what’s to come around our young core. Let’s stop hanging on to the middle and go for broke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back