Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Man! The sheer disrespect the club is receiving from opposing fans is absurd.

Today's generation are so caught up with fantasy points and disposal tallies. Be so nice to win it all again just to shut them up good and proper for the next 6 months.
To be fair, the semi teams just played so they should be getting the air time.

We will get the air time next week

I mean yes it needs Dangerfield, but it doesn't need Dangerfield to carry them if that makes sense

Bruhn has really hit his straps, and developed a great understanding with Danger. Even Stanley was up and about with second efforts in centre clearances v Port. Contested ball the key as usual, but it's a fine sight to see Paddy streaming through to give our forwards a chance. Lachy Neale has been their centre bull, but was quieter early and aggravated a chronic foot injury, and that cannot be underestimated. Ashcoft needs attention, probably Atkins? Zorko, man, give it up, what's the bet he goes down punching.

Kane thinks he's in the inner sanctum, and says SDK won't play. In that case, Scratcher to give Stanley a chop out, Blics to stay back .

From Fox Footy,

Geelong’s qualifying final team:
B: L.Humphries, J.Henry, J.Kolodjashnij
HB: M.Duncan, M.Blicavs, Z.Guthrie
C: M.Holmes, T.Atkins, O.Dempsey
HF: T.Stengle, S.Neale, S.Mannagh
F: B.Close, J.Cameron, O.Henry
FOLL: R.Stanley, P.Dangerfield - C, T.Bruhn
I/C: Z.Tuohy, J.Bowes, G.Miers, O.Mullin, J.Bews

EMG: G.Rohan, S.De Koning

Team Tips: The Cats were unchanged entering their qualifying final against Port Adelaide, and it seems more likely than not they will go into this Saturday having made just one change. Tom Stewart (illness/hamstring) is expected to come straight back in - a “lock” in the words of Fox Footy’s Jon Ralph, with late inclusion Oisin Mullin the obvious omission candidate. Big decisions loom on veteran pair Tom Hawkins and Cam Guthrie, as they continue to fight to make senior returns for the flag-contending Cats. The premiership duo played in Geelong’s VFL semi-final loss to Southport a week ago — Hawkins kicked one goal from 10 disposals, while Guthrie racked up 19 possessions to go with eight tackles, four clearances and a goal. Ralph also reported on Monday night to On The Couch thatthe duo “won’t get up” for the preliminary final. Tall utility Sam De Koning will be pressing for a recall after being left for the emergencies list for the Power match — he notched 17 disposals, six marks and 15 hitouts against Southport. Could he nab Jed Bews’ spot? Bews played just his fourth senior game for the year against Port and managed only eight possessions. Elsewhere, after being named an emergency for the Port Adelaide game, forward Gary Rohan (fractured skull) won’t play again this year.

Brisbane’s semi-final team:
B: D.Zorko, H.Andrews, C.McKenna
HB: D.Wilmot, J.Payne, R.Lester
C: J.Fletcher, W.Ashcroft, H.McCluggage
HF: C.Rayner, J.Daniher, J.Berry
F: C.Cameron, E.Hipwood, Z.Bailey
FOLL: O.McInerney, J.Dunkley, L.Neale - C
I/C: K.Lohmann, C.Ah Chee, L.Morris, B.Starcevich, N.Answerth

EMG: H.Sharp, D.Fort, D.Joyce

Team Tips: Well, some final that was. Somehow, Brisbane has progressed to preliminary final weekend and now travels to Melbourne to play Geelong at the MCG. Eyebrows raised when dual Brownlow Medallist Lachie Neale was sighted in a moon boot upon the Lions’ arrival back in Brisbane on Sunday, but there isn’t cause for considerable concern — they have been taking precautionary measures with the superstar midfielder these past few weeks as he manages a sore foot/heel that flared up against the Giants. Speaking on SEN on Monday, Neale said: “(I’m) certainly not in any doubt (to play), but probably over the last 8-10 weeks I have had a fairly significant issue with my heel, but on game day it feels 100 per cent most of the time.” Meantime, key defender Jack Payne got through unscathed on Saturday after he was in some doubt because of a knee injury. His like-for-like replacement Darragh Joyce remains on standby, listed as an emergency for the GWS game alongside Harry Sharp and Darcy Fort. Brisbane’s VFL side fell in its preliminary final against Werribee, with out-of-favour midfielder Deven Robertson (24 disposals, 16 tackles) among the major ball-winners, but he remains a very outside chance of earning a call-up. Bruce Reville (18 possessions, 14 tackles and four clearances), too, is on the outside looking in. Brisbane went into Saturday’s semi-final unchanged and is likely to repeat this Thursday night at selection.

From Fox Footy,

Geelong’s qualifying final team:
B: L.Humphries, J.Henry, J.Kolodjashnij
HB: M.Duncan, M.Blicavs, Z.Guthrie
C: M.Holmes, T.Atkins, O.Dempsey
HF: T.Stengle, S.Neale, S.Mannagh
F: B.Close, J.Cameron, O.Henry
FOLL: R.Stanley, P.Dangerfield - C, T.Bruhn
I/C: Z.Tuohy, J.Bowes, G.Miers, O.Mullin, J.Bews

EMG: G.Rohan, S.De Koning

Team Tips: The Cats were unchanged entering their qualifying final against Port Adelaide, and it seems more likely than not they will go into this Saturday having made just one change. Tom Stewart (illness/hamstring) is expected to come straight back in - a “lock” in the words of Fox Footy’s Jon Ralph, with late inclusion Oisin Mullin the obvious omission candidate. Big decisions loom on veteran pair Tom Hawkins and Cam Guthrie, as they continue to fight to make senior returns for the flag-contending Cats. The premiership duo played in Geelong’s VFL semi-final loss to Southport a week ago — Hawkins kicked one goal from 10 disposals, while Guthrie racked up 19 possessions to go with eight tackles, four clearances and a goal. Ralph also reported on Monday night to On The Couch thatthe duo “won’t get up” for the preliminary final. Tall utility Sam De Koning will be pressing for a recall after being left for the emergencies list for the Power match — he notched 17 disposals, six marks and 15 hitouts against Southport. Could he nab Jed Bews’ spot? Bews played just his fourth senior game for the year against Port and managed only eight possessions. Elsewhere, after being named an emergency for the Port Adelaide game, forward Gary Rohan (fractured skull) won’t play again this year.

Brisbane’s semi-final team:
B: D.Zorko, H.Andrews, C.McKenna
HB: D.Wilmot, J.Payne, R.Lester
C: J.Fletcher, W.Ashcroft, H.McCluggage
HF: C.Rayner, J.Daniher, J.Berry
F: C.Cameron, E.Hipwood, Z.Bailey
FOLL: O.McInerney, J.Dunkley, L.Neale - C
I/C: K.Lohmann, C.Ah Chee, L.Morris, B.Starcevich, N.Answerth

EMG: H.Sharp, D.Fort, D.Joyce

Team Tips: Well, some final that was. Somehow, Brisbane has progressed to preliminary final weekend and now travels to Melbourne to play Geelong at the MCG. Eyebrows raised when dual Brownlow Medallist Lachie Neale was sighted in a moon boot upon the Lions’ arrival back in Brisbane on Sunday, but there isn’t cause for considerable concern — they have been taking precautionary measures with the superstar midfielder these past few weeks as he manages a sore foot/heel that flared up against the Giants. Speaking on SEN on Monday, Neale said: “(I’m) certainly not in any doubt (to play), but probably over the last 8-10 weeks I have had a fairly significant issue with my heel, but on game day it feels 100 per cent most of the time.” Meantime, key defender Jack Payne got through unscathed on Saturday after he was in some doubt because of a knee injury. His like-for-like replacement Darragh Joyce remains on standby, listed as an emergency for the GWS game alongside Harry Sharp and Darcy Fort. Brisbane’s VFL side fell in its preliminary final against Werribee, with out-of-favour midfielder Deven Robertson (24 disposals, 16 tackles) among the major ball-winners, but he remains a very outside chance of earning a call-up. Bruce Reville (18 possessions, 14 tackles and four clearances), too, is on the outside looking in. Brisbane went into Saturday’s semi-final unchanged and is likely to repeat this Thursday night at selection.

Lachy Neale- "foot feels 100% on game day" - That's before his last game v GWS and wrecking it again. Wishful thinking methinks, he's making the best of a serious issue. Good on him, not injury trolling or anything, but if he plays (perhaps medicated) and fails, it's on him.

Lachy Neale- "foot feels 100% on game day" - That's before his last game v GWS and wrecking it again. Wishful thinking methinks, he's making the best of a serious issue. Good on him, not injury trolling or anything, but if he plays (perhaps medicated) and fails, it's on him.
Just thinking of JHF last week when he had that injury and then came off at the end but they said it was only a cramp, but still, risky if they let Neale play and in 22’ GF when we didn’t risk playing Holmes and Sydney risked playing Sam Reid and it payed off for us and not for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thinking of JHF last week when he had that injury and then came off at the end but they said it was only a cramp, but still, risky if they let Neale play and in 22’ GF when we didn’t risk playing Holmes and Sydney risked playing Sam Reid and it payed off for us and not for them.

Great point. I remember his devastated face, and all the silent I-told-you-so's. Swans looked foolish.
SDK has put up a good VFL game since his injury, but perhaps it's not as straightforward as we think.

Call me crazy but I have a theory that part of our success over the last 15 years has been wearing mainly white. With the increase in flashing advertising, the white uniforms are easier for players to see team mates.

Why would we change now?
We wear white because we are never allowed to wear navy... even in home games!

Call me crazy but I have a theory that part of our success over the last 15 years has been wearing mainly white. With the increase in flashing advertising, the white uniforms are easier for players to see team mates.

Why would we change now?
It's not just a whenever we want thing.

For one reason or another, it only seems to be against teams that wear predominantly red these days.

It's weird, as it's our 'home' uniform, but we'll wear it against Sydney at the SCG or Gold Coast at Carrara, as well as at home against those teams.

Like in the prelim, Brissy will be wearing the Fitzroy jumper, so we wear the blue shorts & socks.

Would love an explanation as to why to be honest.

Man! The sheer disrespect the club is receiving from opposing fans is absurd.

Today's generation are so caught up with fantasy points and disposal tallies. Be so nice to win it all again just to shut them up good and proper for the next 6 months.
Footy's always been a game measured in statistics, this isn't new.

It's not just a whenever we want thing.

For one reason or another, it only seems to be against teams that wear predominantly red these days.

It's weird, as it's our 'home' uniform, but we'll wear it against Sydney at the SCG or Gold Coast at Carrara, as well as at home against those teams.

Like in the prelim, Brissy will be wearing the Fitzroy jumper, so we wear the blue shorts & socks.

Would love an explanation as to why to be honest.
What are we allowed to wear in the prelim? Honest question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back