2nd Prelim Final - Hawthorn v Port Adelaide, 4.45pm (4.15 SA), MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking up Ticketek prices to see if having an AFL reserve club membership would have given me a discount.
Yeah... nah. $10 isn't worth it. $170 down to $160, having a laugh AFL!

In any case, looks like the game is far from a sellout. I'd say about 65k will show up.

Won't be 65,000. It will likely draw 75-80,000.

I have a lot of time for Port and their players and coach (but not that knob Kochie) but I just can't see them getting past the Hawks. Hawthorn are a class team, thoroughly professional and will do what's needed to win today.

port have done well , but that arrogant flog hinkley and his team can watch the gf from the stands next week
Hang on, let me pull you up there - Ken Hinkley has a lot of attributes, but one of them certainly isn't arrogance. He certainly has faith in his players, and isn't afraid to talk about it, but I don't see that as being arrogant. Right now, I reckon I'm right in saying that a lot of clubs would love to have him as their coach, because he's performed miracles at Alberton!!!!

This game has all the makings of an epic contest. I'm tipping Port by 7 points, but may the best team win - whoever qualifies to take on the Swans next week, I have no doubt it'll be one of the great grand finals.

Hawks vs Swans GF much better & entertaining.
I think Swans vs Port would be great, just based on their game earlier this year. I missed the Swans vs Hawks @ MCG later in the year (Amalfi Coast) so I have no idea how it went down, except that it was close all game.

I think Swans vs Port would be great, just based on their game earlier this year. I missed the Swans vs Hawks @ MCG later in the year (Amalfi Coast) so I have no idea how it went down, except that it was close all game.
This, it was the match of the season by far. A Swans v Port grand final on a neutral ground would go right down to the wire and would be the most exciting spectacle imaginable this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If going by the media commentators last night both on 7 and on Fox, Port May as well not even rock up this afternoon. Going on about Buddy facing his old team mates and who out of Hill or Smith Cunningham should tag next week

It was a great game, commentators really talked it up big time.

If going by the media commentators last night both on 7 and on Fox, Port May as well not even rock up this afternoon. Going on about Buddy facing his old team mates and who out of Hill or Smith Cunningham should tag next week

LOL prior to this it's been all about Port :eek:, you can learn a hard lesson by getting too far ahead of yourself and i love it when the media gets it wrong 9would still like a Hawthorn victory). There's only a few more hours to go.

Good luck to both teams.

And to the Hawks - please no injuries. If you get through we want to play a full strength team.

I have had enough whinging to last a lifetime.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd Prelim Final - Hawthorn v Port Adelaide, 4.45pm (4.15 SA), MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back