2nd Test Australia v West Indies Jan 25-29 1430hrs @ the Gabba

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What an amazing spell of bowling from Shamar Joseph, it's one of the very best I have ever seen, and I'm old enough to remember the West Indian greats of the 70's, 80's and 90's.

The Windies have found an absolute star, I hope they can keep him in the Test arena.

No I mean to keep Marsh in, Marsh got his go as an injury replacement for Green.

Now we have a batting line up that resembles England in the mid 90s with an all rounder that doesn’t really bowl at 6, a genuine all rounder that probably won’t bowl as much because he’s batting at 4 and a seniority pick at the top of the order.

Ronnie Irani wouldn’t look out of place
Marsh has been good so couldn’t stop him. They were desperate to get green back despite him not doing anything of note yet. So to do that they moved smith up. Green didn’t need to come in

This morning I saw a video on YouTube of AB De Villiers wanting a 9 month long IPL season. This afternoon, we're witnessing something far more memorable than any T20 game.
Talking nonsense lately, AB.

Also said that commentators should decide DRS decisions, not umpires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simply a miracle spell.

If WI pull this off, this would make IND's triumph here look trivial.

But hopefully it will force AUS to re-examine the batting lineup.

Throughout the summer we've suffered these batting collapses, only to be let off the hook. Better for that to be exposed now than against IND.

What an amazing spell of bowling from Shamar Joseph, it's one of the very best I have ever seen, and I'm old enough to remember the West Indian greats of the 70's, 80's and 90's.

The Windies have found an absolute star, I hope they can keep him in the Test arena.
And you can imagine what it was like having a bowling attack with more similar to him.

Simply a miracle spell.

If WI pull this off, this would make IND's triumph here look trivial.

But hopefully it will force AUS to re-examine the batting lineup.

Throughout the summer we've suffered these batting collapses, only to be let off the hook. Better for that to be exposed now than against IND.
I've had the Cricinfo scorecard for Headingley 81 open since Green got out and I thought it would take a Willis style effort to get the Windies home.

Makes no sense IMHO. Surely you have the short break at 5pm and the long "dinner" break before the longest session. Tradition for traditions same.
I guess its more likely to still be got in the earlier break. I don't see any reason not to just have two 30 minute breaks, but I guess 40 then 20 gives consistency from match to match. Its hardly a big deal any way.

I've had the Cricinfo scorecard for Headingley 81 open since Green got out and I thought it would take a Willis style effort to get the Windies home.

This might be even better, because Shamar's doing it away from home in his 2nd Test.

I thought Doug Bracewell's spell 12+ years ago was damn impressive, but this eclipses that by a distance.

I'll be honest; my instincts were telling me that WI at $11.50 when play began was very generous odds.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd Test Australia v West Indies Jan 25-29 1430hrs @ the Gabba

Back