Past #3: Brady Rawlings - drafted in 1998 w/ #15 - 245 games & 3 Syds - NMFC list manager!

Remove this Banner Ad

So did any one hear Boomer defend himself and Rawlings on ABC Radio after the game?
Mark McClure who I usually can't stand says to Boomer you older blokes had a really bad day today and Boomer says "Oh but we have credits in the bank, its the younger guys who let us down." WTF
Boomer you are the F**cken captain and have had the 2 worst games I have ever seen, you need to LEAD by example not pot others for their bad games to deflect from yourself and Brady.
Grow a couple Boomer and take the wrap for a couple of shocking misses for goal today (and yes you weren't alone) and learn to lead.
I am appalled that you would get on national radio and pot a couple of team mates after a poor showing by just about everyone in the team, that's not a leader that's a sooky la la who couldn't cop the criticism
Funny that. I heard Rawlings being interviewed by the MMM crew after the game and he also mentioned the lack of performance by the younger guys. :stern look

So did any one hear Boomer defend himself and Rawlings on ABC Radio after the game?
Mark McClure who I usually can't stand says to Boomer you older blokes had a really bad day today and Boomer says "Oh but we have credits in the bank, its the younger guys who let us down." WTF
Boomer you are the F**cken captain and have had the 2 worst games I have ever seen, you need to LEAD by example not pot others for their bad games to deflect from yourself and Brady.
Grow a couple Boomer and take the wrap for a couple of shocking misses for goal today (and yes you weren't alone) and learn to lead.
I am appalled that you would get on national radio and pot a couple of team mates after a poor showing by just about everyone in the team, that's not a leader that's a sooky la la who couldn't cop the criticism

I heard the interview (just read this after I posted about it) and yes I thought that part of the interview was very disappointing. He lost a bit of my respect with those comments.

Not sure why rawlings is being isolated, he was one of the better players of a bad lot today. I'd be looking at our MIA midfield today before him.

Everyone was coughing it up today in relatively equal %'s today, due to the unparallelled collingwood preasure. Thing is, he at least went hard enough to get it a bit.

The lack of urgency/attack at the footy was a bigger issue across the team today.

Not sure why rawlings is being isolated, he was one of the better players of a bad lot today. I'd be looking at our MIA midfield today before him.

Everyone was coughing it up today in relatively equal %'s today, due to the unparallelled collingwood preasure. Thing is, he at least went hard enough to get it a bit.

The lack of urgency/attack at the footy was a bigger issue across the team today.

In the main I agree with you in that Brady went in and won a lot of ball and that others turned it over too often - the thing that was really frustrating with Brady was when he had got the ball and got out of the pressure situation his kicking was too often straight down the throat of a Collingwood player.

Not sure why rawlings is being isolated, he was one of the better players of a bad lot today

Not sure what game you were watching?
The game I was at Rawlings was terrible. Three time he turned the ball over to a pies player who then kicked a goal and his poor disposal cost at least another three goals.

He either needed to be drug tested or investigated for game fixing he was that bad!

I found myself yelling the last quarter "NOOooo dont pass to Rawlings", bing collingwood goal.
His worst effort in ages by far, yes others didnt play well but Rawlings Sucked Mega Big Ones.

Thats why he been singled out.

BigRed

Was muttering under my breath "not to Rawlings not to Rawlings" every time the ball was in the hands of our defenders, very poor game by him but he's not alone. Also extremely disappointed (didn't hear the interview myself) with Boomer if what aforementioned is true that's not leadership.

Not sure what game you were watching?
The game I was at Rawlings was terrible. Three time he turned the ball over to a pies player who then kicked a goal and his poor disposal cost at least another three goals.

He either needed to be drug tested or investigated for game fixing he was that bad!

I found myself yelling the last quarter "NOOooo dont pass to Rawlings", bing collingwood goal.
His worst effort in ages by far, yes others didnt play well but Rawlings Sucked Mega Big Ones.

Thats why he been singled out.

BigRed

I saw every minute with my own eyes. Yeah there were a couple of bad clangers (that handball off the deck on the 50m arc was a shocker) that led to goals, but at least he was having a crack. I think others, such as Firrito (who I rate highly fwiw) and the rest, were equally or more guilty of turning it over or getting it to a teammate in a horrible position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst game he has played in a long, long time.
We've always known his disposal is dodgy, but today was the worst it has been for a long time. Continuously put teammates under the pump with little handballs, and then shanked his kicks as well.
He really let us down today, not through lack of effort, but lack of skill.
Sadly Harvey was the same today...our two leaders had a game to forget.

Not when handballing to the opposition. He was able to hit them fairly regularly today

Rawlings was shithouse.

Very apt.

I reckon Rawlings plays one or two absolute stinkers every year, and two or three games where he dominates (e.g. games vs Freo & Hawks last year).

Hopefully he has gotten the shocker out of his system early & can play another blinder vs Freo. Don't care if he doesn't get the ball much, I just want to see the glove destroy another onballer/small forward & keep them to <10 touches.

Yes, he stank. The amount of turnovers he had that led to goals was amazing.

No, he won't be dropped and no, he won't be retiring. Why do people have to go stupid about it?

One thing that really gives me the s**ts is the way the people look at the stats and draw conclusions on who was amongst the best players based on possessions.

Sure - possessions is a ket stat as it's bloody hard to do something with the footy if you haven't got it in your mitts, but the quality of possession is equally as important. It's no good getting the footy if you're just going to hand it back to the opposition, or deliver a hospital pass to a teammate.

Rawlings got plenty of it today, but his quality of possessions were highly questionable. Conversely, Sam Wright had 91% effective disposals, just didn't get enough of it.

There needs to be a real focus on effort at the club. Too many people not prepare to gut run and make space, put a block/shepherd on to help their teammates. Trust is a great word. Seems to me that our blokes can't trust their teammates to win the contested footy and consequently don't have the confidence to run to space.

I didn't like the comment that the older blokes are entitiled to an off day. I certainly wouldn't want any surgeon of mine to be having the same thoughts and football is a career just like a suregeon.

The opposition allow him to rack up possessions. They understand that they will be far from damaging and at times quite advantageous to them. I watched the same thing happen with Sam Power. People looked at the stats and described him as a 'gut runner'. It is easier to run when no-one impedes your progress and in actual reality are wanting you to get the ball. Sam didn't play one game after Brad Scott signed because Brad had first hand knowledge from opposition clubs and to what they were actually allowing Sam to do.
It is now time for Brad to realise Brady is in a similar position and that he needs to play him in the close checking role that he did so well.

I hate to go the early crow and I hope I am wrong but, I have a horrible feeling that the deplorable effort by those responsible for draft choices over the previous decade has well and truely stuffed this club. I am sure Neville Stibbart was crook on us, while trousering the pay cheque.

FFS you don't miss the bloke when he has a bad one.:rolleyes:

Where have all these geniuses been for the last 12 months?

Deathly silent.
Hey Obba, is it time for Rawlings to head back into the midfield? You've been banging on how our midfield lacks experience. What yah reckon?

I reckon Rawlings plays one or two absolute stinkers every year, and two or three games where he dominates (e.g. games vs Freo & Hawks last year).

Hopefully he has gotten the shocker out of his system early & can play another blinder vs Freo. Don't care if he doesn't get the ball much, I just want to see the glove destroy another onballer/small forward & keep them to <10 touches.

Problem is that defence is the new midfield. Sure you can do a tight job on someone but then when the ball is actually in your possession you have make position and dispose effectively. He has to be used otherwise we're down a man when we actually get the thing.

Tis very left-field I know, but against a team like Collingwood, with their 'presses' and constant use of the 'quarterback', could Brady play as a tagging forward, in the role Lower has played a couple of times? It would beat watching them kick back to CHB to their unmarked mid for their 40th-odd touch, with no-one within cooee for them to set up another forward mission.

Tis very left-field I know, but against a team like Collingwood, with their 'presses' and constant use of the 'quarterback', could Brady play as a tagging forward, in the role Lower has played a couple of times? It would beat watching them kick back to CHB to their unmarked mid for their 40th-odd touch, with no-one within cooee for them to set up another forward mission.

What about the other 4 defender or midfielders unmarked.
If were gonna watch em we gotta do em all.
And this is where we need a whole team effort and mentality to want to win the ball back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #3: Brady Rawlings - drafted in 1998 w/ #15 - 245 games & 3 Syds - NMFC list manager!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back