3 Carlton Players will find it tough to make the 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

starchamber

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 11, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
1 David Ellard can play but has Jefferey Garlett,Chris Yarran and Eddie Betts in his way as a small Forward. He will find it tough getting a game ahead of them all.

2 Steven Browne i like to see more of but has it tough because of Dennis Armfield has speed just his skills need to improve. He probably could do a tagging role like Aaron Joseph also. I also think most clubs won't play too many players 180cm and under in the same side.

3 Joe Anderson being a smaller defender has it tough to make the team as guys like Jordan Russell have cemented a spot now.His also got Kane Lucas who could be used at half back or Shaun Grigg. The other Rhys O'Keeffe could be in his position.

I wish them all the luck by the way and it be a great achievement if they can place some of these good players to end up taking their spot in the VFL. I guess we have some good depth in some positions.

All 3 have been name to play tonight. Ellard last year in the vfl he was playing a tagging not forward. Anderson has had his first full preseason and at 188cm is hardly a small defender his a medium that can play tall. Browne im not a fan but your just way out base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B-R-O-W-N-E was certainly S-H-I-T-E tonight.
He isn't shit just poor on his disposal at times and not super quick. He actually find the ball a lot and isn't afraid to go in hard.I like him to be a 150 game player but it might be tough.

Our 22 should look like this depending on match-ups:

B: Bower Jamison Carrazzo
HB: Scotland Thornton Gibbs
C: Simpson Judd Walker
HF: Yarran Waite Houlihan
F: Betts Henderson Robinson

R: Kreuzer Murphy Joseph

I/C: O Hailpin Warnock Mclean/Hadley Russell

Browne- may play against sides like Cwood with Didak, Medhurst, Davis etc
Armfield- same as Browne
Garlett- will definitely play but needs to just take his time and build up some strength etc.
Hampson- behind Kreuzer and Warnock, won't be as effective as Setanta either up forward.
Lucas, Davies, Kerr- young players finding their place and form.

Our 22 should look like this depending on match-ups:

B: Bower Jamison Carrazzo
HB: Scotland Thornton Gibbs
C: Simpson Judd Walker
HF: Yarran Waite Houlihan
F: Betts Henderson Robinson

R: Kreuzer Murphy Joseph

I/C: O Hailpin Warnock Mclean/Hadley Russell

Browne- may play against sides like Cwood with Didak, Medhurst, Davis etc
Armfield- same as Browne
Garlett- will definitely play but needs to just take his time and build up some strength etc.
Hampson- behind Kreuzer and Warnock, won't be as effective as Setanta either up forward.
Lucas, Davies, Kerr- young players finding their place and form.

That actually looks like our side for the second half of the year unless there are some serious injuries in defence in which case Waite will be running around down back, Setanta will be in the forward line and Hammer will be on the bench.

Remove this Banner Ad

3 Carlton Players will find it tough to make the 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back