Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben - defender or forward? CC T5 in the AFL for avg.intercept marks p/game - re-signed until end of 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

5 disposals with 0.0 on the scoreboard today.

We need him to have so much more of an impact than that. And he showed he can do it in defense.
Sorry mate, I'm not doubting today's stats, it's just that you're totally wrong.

Anyone know what his injury is?
Yeh, Tom Stewart dived with a light push on his shoulder before the contest and with his ****ing piss ant theatrics, not only won the free kick but took out Charlies ****ing legs.

Absolutely ****ing despicable. Diving maggot dogs. Tom Stewart should cop a ****ing month off for that. **** that shit out of our game

Well one could suggest that Dermie and King both again said his home is CHF, you'd think people would listen, maybe I mean
It might be where he is suited, but if he can’t keep on the park because of the reckless nature he attacks the ball as a forward it’s not going to be a long career.

Yeh, Tom Stewart dived with a light push on his shoulder before the contest and with his ****ing piss ant theatrics, not only won the free kick but took out Charlies ****ing legs.

Absolutely *ing despicable. Diving maggot dogs. Tom Stewart should cop a ****ing month off for that. * that shit out of our game
I walked out of the room at that point. I can't afford a new tv at the moment.

Tom Stewart showed just how important a good interceptor is today. He was the biggest difference between the two sides

In modern footy it's a role thats more important than CHF

Are you comparing Charlie to Stewart? I agree the role is important, I disagree that Charlie is the one that should play it. he is a see ball get ball player, he doesn't have the nuance needed.

Stewart only averages 2.6 intercept marks.

They are very different players.
Yeah they are, not to mention the intercept role is infinitely influenced by ball use further up the ground and our ball use with the last kick going in is regularly diabolical.

Personally I reckon by and large our forward selection and coaching this year has been our biggest issue.

Yeah they are, not to mention the intercept role is infinitely influenced by ball use further up the ground and our ball use with the last kick going in is regularly diabolical.

Personally I reckon by and large our forward selection and coaching this year has been our biggest issue.

It is structure for me. We just don't play to the strengths of our players and Larkey holds way too much significance for a guy that struggles to be competitive 1-1.

When getting physically beaten, Larkey needs to lead a lot. Teakle and Comben then need to also have one lead while the other becomes the long target. WE also need to isolate Curtis and Zurhaar more, because they ain't crumbers. There are enough pieces we just don't know how to use them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is structure for me. We just don't play to the strengths of our players and Larkey holds way too much significance for a guy that struggles to be competitive 1-1.

When getting physically beaten, Larkey needs to lead a lot. Teakle and Comben then need to also have one lead while the other becomes the long target. WE also need to isolate Curtis and Zurhaar more, because they ain't crumbers. There are enough pieces we just don't know how to use them.
Yeah I agree. With Logue back and Chom forward then Teak is surplus. Larkey and Teak got in each other's way a lot and I'd prefer Larkey further out where he can use his smarts in space and Chom deep to take the pack mark forward. Rotate the set up between the 2 and keep the opposition off guard.

Tom Stewart showed just how important a good interceptor is today. He was the biggest difference between the two sides

In modern footy it's a role thats more important than CHF
He showed that our fwd 50 entries are EDFL standard. Anyone can stand stationary at half back and pick off blind bombs and dump kicks,

Correction. Anyone except souva .

Yeah total carnage, Comben is a nut ❤️.

Just a pity we didn’t have a crumber capable of capitalizing.
There is rarely anyone at the drop of the ball when Larkey doesn't take a mark either.

Well one could suggest that Dermie and King both again said his home is CHF, you'd think people would listen, maybe I mean

Dermie and King both also said today they thought Jaidyn Stephenson played a good game despite a few turnovers.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock into a commentator's analysis one way or another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben - defender or forward? CC T5 in the AFL for avg.intercept marks p/game - re-signed until end of 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Back