Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben - defender or forward? CC T5 in the AFL for avg.intercept marks p/game - re-signed until end of 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Telling him he's not playing wouldn't be a job I'd want.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Good point Michael, and I look forward to him playing against a side that isn't travelling overly well.

I kicked 55 goals in under 16's , 51 were against the teams that gave up cricket scores.

Think I kicked 4 against the best 3 sides, and I was pretty happy with myself fwiw.lol

I’d rather him down back permanently

Yes, lets address one end properly first so we could focus on the forward line.

Comben at best is like a leppitsch type player who played the majority of his career as a defender with occasion stint forward. I remember leppitsch being moved forward in 2000 against us and kicking 4 goals in the 2nd half.

We need to get properly key forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

22 possies on one leg

Monty Python Fight GIF

That's fine and dandy, please tell me the plan for the below :)

View attachment 2067213
View attachment 2067217

Now I'm not saying anything about those two, just we need another KPF. And when Logue comes back?

key fwds are harder to come by but easier to settle in once the rest of the team is up and running.

Free agency it will be, there will always be those needing a second chance like hogan and waite.

He plays the same way back or forward. Once Logue returns, I want him back forward because we lacked something this week without his presence.
Agreed, we struggled to compete once we got it forward of centre in the last qtr and got intercepted way too many times. We desperately need the big bloke forward.

glad we've got him locked away. imagine the *scum watching him play like that jabbed up they'd be salivating... "now thats someone we can work with".

The Hawfs came hard for him, god love our Charlie.

Then the Hawfs turned their attention to Barass & Battle

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #30: Charlie Comben - defender or forward? CC T5 in the AFL for avg.intercept marks p/game - re-signed until end of 2027

Remove this Banner Ad

Back