Past #31: David Hale - drafted at #7 in the Superdraft - 129 games for NM - traded to HFC in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as he isn't poached by another club like Hawthorn who appear to be in desperate need of a big man which is evident in there interest in Sandilands! Sign Goldy now for 3 years...when does his current contract end?

I can't let this possibly unintended slur of Matty Capuano go with reminding people of the role Matty played in the 1999 GF win. They may be similar builds but to me that is where the comparison ends. Matty would fight to the death. He was very competitive, despite his injuries, and tough.

Just an opinion.

It was completely unintentional. Capuano played in the 1996 win too. I quite liked Capuano, though I think it indisputable that he never realised his full potential, which I thought was considerable.

You mean this one?

Go to 4:22

[youtube]rdJ47aRV0bw&feature[/youtube]

Macca,

Thanks for that - you have dug that from the archives!!! Fine piece of work. Looking at it again now, though, I'm not sure Roscoe wouldn't have got 4+ weeks for that in the current setup. Talking of memorable takeouts, you don't happen to have David King's on Stewart Lowe at VFL Park? Brings a chill to the bones just thinking of it ...

It was completely unintentional. Capuano played in the 1996 win too. I quite liked Capuano, though I think it indisputable that he never realised his full potential, which I thought was considerable.

No worries, Roscoe and I agree with what you say above.

I really admired Matty for what he got out of himself. The other bloke could take a leaf out of his book while he's still reasonably young and fit.

No worries, Roscoe and I agree with what you say above.

I really admired Matty for what he got out of himself. The other bloke could take a leaf out of his book while he's still reasonably young and fit.

:thumbsu::)

Just on that second point, do you question Hale's commitment to excellence?

I wonder if this man appreciates Goldie rolling on Shabbas?

walter.jpg

If the Kangas looked at offloading Hale what do you guys beleive the club would see as a reasonable trade expectation for him?

Tom Scully!

His current trade value is probably around a pick in the 15-25 range. I doubt the club would do it though seeing as we invested a top ten pick for him in the first place.
Thanks. That sounds around the mark. I couldn't see Melbourne giving away pick 18 under any circumstances but 34 is probably off the mark even if we threw in a sweetener. The reason I ask is because there is much speculation about the future of Johnson at Melbourne and IMO Hale would fill the void nicely ie he can actually take grabs and kick goals and isn't too bad in the ruck. He is (I think) a couple of years younger than Sandilands who I wouldn't touch now.

good call, overdue call.

hale may have signed on but he should now be gold coast bait.

could be good for him too - 7 years and bar the last half of 2008 he's just consistently struggled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good call, overdue call.

hale may have signed on but he should now be gold coast bait.

could be good for him too - 7 years and bar the last half of 2008 he's just consistently struggled.
Bad Call Archer311. The Zebra assured me that Big Men Take Time and that David Hales will come good one day.:thumbsu:

He is just taking his time as Big Men tend to do.

He certainly isn't, but he was re-signed on the back of his kick ass finish to 2008, and on his potential as a whopper sized forward........and with the thought that he's a Gold Coast boy and they could come sniffing for him at the end of 2010.

Either the hair hat or the new wallet are weighing him down........or both!

T'Toes and all

I was with big Lidge at Arden St Training 2 years ago and I said to Shane who is that lummix (not sure how to spell that)
He explained to me that is Tonto Goldstein an ex basketballer who could be anything. He sung his praises to me a few times but I saw nothing.

I met Tonto last year in Adelaide after we beat Port and had a chat and he was just happy to be there.

GO Tonto, I wear your number on my back.......

Sticks

Sticks

And a fine jumper it is, too, Sticks.

In fact, RB spotted you in the crowd on Sunday, and as chance would have it, we briefly discussed the garment's utter fineness, on which we were both in full agreement. :thumbsu:

T'Toes and all

I was with big Lidge at Arden St Training 2 years ago and I said to Shane who is that lummix (not sure how to spell that)
He explained to me that is Tonto Goldstein an ex basketballer who could be anything. He sung his praises to me a few times but I saw nothing.

I met Tonto last year in Adelaide after we beat Port and had a chat and he was just happy to be there.

Sticks

Great story Sticks. I remember Lidge backing Goldy in. He saw him as the new Mick Nolan!

Sticks

Your guernsey is indeed one of the classier ones, Sticks. Well loved too, by the looks of it.

Keep it forever.

if he cant hold his ground against the skinniest weaklings then why does he have more contested marks than every other ruckman?

and his tap work is not as good at goldsteins but he is still top 5 in the league for effective hit outs?

if he only gets cheap touches on the wing why is he one of our top contested possession winners?

you have just said we cant play 3 ruckman, why does this affect hamish if goldstein + mcintosh = 2 ruckman?

surely you are joking saying that hamish is all but finished

he is likely to win our b & f and could make the all australian squad again

:confused::confused::confused:

All this being correct no doubt Hamish carved up the kid Natanui.
Haven't seen the game btw.:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #31: David Hale - drafted at #7 in the Superdraft - 129 games for NM - traded to HFC in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back