Player Watch #33: Brayden 'Sausage' George - re-signed until end of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Ratts said he "could be the pick" of the 2022 Draft Class that included Sheez and Wardlaw, not the whole list. Irrespective, I agree - we are spoilt for choice with other delisting options, I'd give him another 2yrs.
Apologies - but also, it’s out of those 3 to be the most talented on our list in my opinion, so I wasn’t far off 😜

Ruthless clubs like Sydney and Geelong would never keep a guy with multiple ACL injuries on their list.

Oh, Hi Alex Johnson and Daniel Menzel.

If we’re offering George 2 years based on perceived potential output then by comparison would should be offering Phillips 4 based upon his current output to date.

And if I had to choose I know which way I am picking.
Phillips may already have offers elsewhere and offering him anything may be too late

Ruthless clubs like Sydney and Geelong would never keep a guy with multiple ACL injuries on their list.

Oh, Hi Alex Johnson and Daniel Menzel.

They can do whatever they like as they chase success over human decency. We are North Melbourne. We give him another year and the chance to recover in 2025 and debut for us. We are better than that.

He needs to buy Powerball this weekend, as he is due some luck.

I am going to file Sausage as “Good things take time”. Agree with above and deserves another year, and set a goal for him to play 6 senior games at any level next year. The club and he can then reassess its options then.

I often wonder back in pre-historic times when a pissed off Mammoth was chasing 100 cavemen out of a gully, how many did not get out as they did a hammy, ACL, Achilles etc? Something to do with the gene pool and the body dealing with the real life pressure of survival.

To see blokes like Boomer, Tuck, Fletcher etc go past 400 games and get thru relatively unscathed, and then you have your Menzels/Johnsons/Doedee’s who must be wired differently. Or is it Physio/Trainers have become too much involved in trying too hard in conditioning a natural process (run/walk/jump/twist/turn).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phillips may already have offers elsewhere and offering him anything may be too late

may have offers... may be too late..

until it's done it's not done and we should absolutely be having conversations about retaining him

Clubs would pounce listing a guy out for half the season with an ACL when we have likely the #1 pick in the rookie draft anyway?

Yeah he would be a delisted free agent, in the same way we sniped Greenwood. A team up the top would absolutely sacrifice a list spot to snap up a talent like him.

We need to keep supporting him and offer him a 2 year deal just to give him hope. He has the talent. We did it with Comben, Tarrant, Majak and a couple of others and l would like to think that he is in their plans going forward...which l believe he will be...

You'd need to give him two years as 2025 is wiped out. (Out of contract this year)
yeah if thats what it takes, Logue done his ACL round 17 last year and is back playing this week! dont give up on high picks that easy, by all reports hes a ripping young kid too.

Why? Hasn't played a game at afl level and is Garner levels of injury prone.

I want the kid to make it, we just cant afford to stop waste list spots
Based on the team we rolled out last weekend we have a few players to go before worrying about wasting the odd list spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Brayden 'Sausage' George - re-signed until end of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back