Past #34: Ben Davies - drafted w/ pick 96 - 2 games for NM in '08 - delisted at end of '08

Remove this Banner Ad

For those who don't know, or those who want to, Davies is the guy who ripped it up against us in the the match where Thommo did his muscle flex, and in the end, created the turnover that probably won us the match. Might be an idea if Deano goes on holiday during trade week. :thumbsdown:

Was that the kick that landed with Pratt?

So we basically rocked up to trade week and did this

TNIM00BentOver.JPG

Ben Davies should have had more opportunities at Collingwood. He was consistently in the best players for Williamstown however Mick continuously overlooked him for selection. He deserves a chance to play AFL because he tries so hard but it became clear that Mick would not give him that chance.

Pick 96 is a nothing pick. This trade was done to find Ben a home that would give him the chance he deserves. Don't expect a 10 year player but he could be very servicable for you and is ready to go. He may not be a gun but he is good enough for AFL level and a new home may help him establish himself.

This is important because we couldnt have risked this kid being availkable in the PSD.

C'mon mate. Give the kid a chance. We're hear so much crap over our promotions of Lower and McMahon last year, and now everyone is in love with them. Lets wait and see on this one.

If we are giving him a go, why not now, so he can do a full preseason with us?

I remember him playing against us in 2005 - the game when Thommo kicked a winning goal with a cobra salute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget what we gave up.

Whyman is so superior to this bloke that it has gone past funny and past ridiculous and back to funny. He's a North player now, so I'll back off a bit, but he is utter nonsense.

Can't wait to see the look on his face when he walks into our 'sheds'.

A bit different to what he's used to at Lexus.:D

Lol, that was exactly my thinking when I saw that we'd traded for him. The image of him driving into our carpark where the betting shed used to stand, behind where the old condemned grandstand stood once, looking across to the portables we have left after the fire, and the look on his face!!!!!! Priceless! :D

T'toes

Give the kid a break you cynical buggers. He was at my school as a young tacker and is known to have a good head on his shoulders, works hard and is a solid citizen. We praise Ed Lower for winning the NB B&F but dismiss this kid winning it at Williamstown? As someone else said before alot of people shit canned McMahon and Lower.

Certainly no star but could be a solid contributor. Lets hope he channels a sort of David Rodan turn around. Good luck to him.

From the overall POV we have:

Swapped a big bloke who wanted out for a higher pick and picked up a decent 21-22 year old for a nothing pick.

I'm not fussed.

speculative pick - depends who else you would have filled your list space with.

Can play footy, loves to run and carry and has some flashy moments.

Disposal is average, but is VERY hard at it - doesn't have the body to match his courage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #34: Ben Davies - drafted w/ pick 96 - 2 games for NM in '08 - delisted at end of '08

Remove this Banner Ad

Back