Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Dish averaged 17 goals from 9 games against top 8 sides in 2011. That's pretty good.

Most of Taz and Lachie's bags of goals came from when they got the opposition's 3rd tall defender. They also never had to worry about being double teamed. Shit, sometimes they were just flat out ignored. That all goes away when Petrie retires. It will be a huge step up for them.

Our midfield never had the 'new' Cunners alongside Swallow, Ziebell and Wells in any one game*. I expect big things from those 4 next year. I'm more worried about the lack of hurt factor from our 3 outside mids.

I hope you're not expecting McKenzie to take on the likes of Milne, Ballantyne and Garlett. That's just not his role - he's not got the pace. He's more Heppell than he is Atley. Our options for that role are, in my order of preference, mature aged recruit, Mullett, McMahon, Richardson and Greenwood.

*EF doesn't count because Wellsy played a completely different role.

This group being together atm (touch wood) excites me. I'm sick of Jack and Ben being kept apart thanks to some rotten luck!

Exactly right. His first game against Richmond showed it all. He was tearing them up but then he ran out of puff. I have all the time in the world for Black, his ball handling skills remind me of Pendlebury (must be the basketball backgrounds) and he oozes class. Get him in the gym and build him a tank in Utah and this boy is going to be a real handful.

Well said Saintly, i look forward to his 2013!!

swish.gif

He just always contests and hustles defenders even when it hits the deck. He has added to the forward line in so many ways but one of my faves is his defensive pressure. E.g. 2 against 1 and he ends up pressuring Batchelor into a turnover for Mullet's 2nd goal.

Anyone listen?
It was a real "nothing" sort of interview by a bunch of "nothing" sort of hosts.

It went something like

SEN - Where has improvement come from this year?
AB - Body is right, done 2 preseasons now, lucky to crack a game in the seniors and play well enough to keep spot.
SEN - How has Drew reacted to having the captaincy?
AB - Drew been walking around with chest puffed out.....But seriously, good opportunity for Drew and Jack to lead the side, just like they usually do when alongside Spitta.
SEN - How much will you miss Swallow?
AB - A lot, he does a heap of tackling and inside work
SEN - What are Norths aims for the rest of the year?
AB - Got nothing to lose, will try to win every game left
SEN - Does Brad Scott get angry?
AB - Not really, a couple of good sprays when they are deserved
SEN - Can you tell Brad and Chris Scott apart? (seriously....they asked that question)
AB - Don't know, only seen them together maybe once or twice
SEN - What would you be doing if you weren't an AFL footballer?
AB - Working in the families carpet laying business
SEN - Who could be PM from Norths list?
AB - Not Lachie Hansen
SEN - Who is the stingiest player at North?
AB - Boomer
SEN - (The 3 muppets laugh at their brilliant line of questioning)

That is about it really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was asked who from the team could go on to become Prime Minister: "Not Lachie Hansen."
Hansenist. Delist.

Hansen & L Thomas to lead the opposition when Mav & Jack Reacher win government.

Hansen & L Thomas to lead the opposition when Mav & Jack Reacher win government.
LT would make a great PM, well for 3 terms anyway. When things got tough he'd go missing in the 4th. Personally I'd love to see Hansen's laconic style gracing the podium at the Nat. Press Club. He'd be brilliant.

LT would make a great PM, well for 3 terms anyway. When things got tough he'd go missing in the 4th. Personally I'd love to see Hansen's laconic style gracing the podium at the Nat. Press Club. He'd be brilliant.

Well that would make him either the second or third longest serving Prime Ministers in Australian history.

And there I was thinking you were LT hater!

Well that would make him either the second or third longest serving Prime Ministers in Australian history.

And there I was thinking you were LT hater!
na, he'd be a Labor member so he'll only serve 1/3 of each term. Hansen would stab him in the back thinking he should be the one up front kicking the goals, until of course his laconic style resulted in the masses turning against him.

As for hate, I'll never 'hate' someone wearing the North Melbourne jumper. The only person to have worn a North Melbourne jumper that I have ever hated is Vlad.

As for hate, I'll never 'hate' someone wearing the North Melbourne jumper. The only person to have worn a North Melbourne jumper that I have ever hated is Vlad.
Sorry, I didn't mean hate, I misspoke. You have a consistent, severe and irrational dislike of LT, manifesting in years of trolling over hundreds of posts. Better?

Sorry, I didn't mean hate, I misspoke. You have a consistent, severe and irrational dislike of LT, manifesting in years of trolling over hundreds of posts. Better?
na, I don't dislike LT, never met him. I don't like the way he plays. I have rightly thought his form up to this year hasn't warranted selection. I have been impressed by his turn of form this year, but I have still questioned why he goes missing when we need our experienced players to step up. I don't understand why posters continually say he wins games off his own boot when he has done it, what, maybe twice?

I also don't understand why he was given 100 games with out any regard to form, while guys like Wright and Harper aren't given the same treatment. Tomorrow night is a big test for him. Poor game last week, can he step up when needed?

No trolling, just discussion and putting forward a different perspective.

na, I don't dislike LT, never met him. I don't like the way he plays. I have rightly thought his form up to this year hasn't warranted selection. I have been impressed by his turn of form this year, but I have still questioned why he goes missing when we need our experienced players to step up. I don't understand why posters continually say he wins games off his own boot when he has done it, what, maybe twice?

I also don't understand why he was given 100 games with out any regard to form, while guys like Wright and Harper aren't given the same treatment. Tomorrow night is a big test for him. Poor game last week, can he step up when needed?

No trolling, just discussion and putting forward a different perspective.

I think the it is time for Brad to demand the body flopping be gone from his game because when he has the ball he is fantastic, most of the time when he flops for a free kick he takes himself out of the contest. That isn't the right thing to do for the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back