Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Some other "first 14 games" to compare:

Carey - 11 goals
Coventry - 17
Ablett snr - 20
Longmire - 21
Lockett - 29
Dunstall - 32
Wade - 42
S.Rocca - 43
Salmon - 45
Hudson - 47
McAdam - 60
Coleman - 63
A.Jakovich - 71

Black>Carey confirmed.

Agree to disagree then because he will become a much better player once he gains some more size, if franklin were to stand next to black you'd see an overwhelming difference in size, he still has a lot to go physically

Buddy is bigger because of more years in the system. You don't want Black to get to Tippett size I don't think.

On that table- Remember that's with Cameron playing as their only real forward option too, Black is scoring heavily as a THIRD tall or second at times, and is crumbing goals a big man should not even be able to.

On the flip side it means Cameron gets the best backman and usually a second man up. What he is doing in that side is nothing short of remarkable.

On the flip side it means Cameron gets the best backman and usually a second man up. What he is doing in that side is nothing short of remarkable.
No Doubt, just saying that Black has probably had less bites at the cherry so to speak, so his conversion rate is pretty amazing.

Im a big Cameron fan, don't worry about that.

Had to wait 32 posts into the thread for a rebuttal of this. I think he has a fair boot on him. Gets the journey over 50-55 with ease IMO. Of course goal kicking and accuracy in general is a journey not a destination :)

ok maybe im expecting too much! i want a Taz like boot on him, ive seen Black kick a few short this year, not making the journey and being touched on the line...

Lol what a f***ing joke. Doesn't even get a nomination for goal of the round.
Dwyers got in over his which is a disgrace. cant fault gunstons and kennedys for the time they were kicked but anyone can do Dwyers.
He was outside fifty ffs.

I've never liked GOTY including goals based on the time in the game that they happened. They're always stock standard kicks, fair enough with Kennedys it was on the wrong foot though.

Blacks was easily top 3 of the round, it's a joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't say I posted anything I regret. I probably didn't see Hansen going back to the backline, but he has taken like a duck to water back there. I think that move has parted the sea in terms of fixing the forward structure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back