Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

That means he was working hard to get into space

Meh he got about 5 kicks in the last quarter when Cunners was dominating up forward. Just saying his 17 touches is pretty well inflated due to that. Anyway, he looked better than he has this year.

Needs to put his ankles together and stop letting the ******* thing go through his legs.

Would help if handballs weren't directed at his ankles - there was a shocker of a handball to him that went between his ankles, looked bad but you can hardly pin that one on Black.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Brad in his presser said something like.. "Mason wood has been playing really well and i suspect if he gets his chance in the seniors he wont come out".... Umm isn't that the point in picking him Brad? Or is it that you wont know who to drop if/when he players well in the seniors?

Brad in his presser said something like.. "Mason wood has been playing really well and i suspect if he gets his chance in the seniors he wont come out".... Umm isn't that the point in picking him Brad? Or is it that you wont know who to drop if/when he players well in the seniors?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Wood doesn't need to come in at the expense of the 3 talls, he is very versatile. If he came in for anybody it could well be Adams.

Was on the hill in Hobart for the game and noticed something late in the third that I haven't seen mentioned on BF.

Late in the third quarter with the game heating up Black lead out to the half forward flank right in front of us. The ball was delivered down the wing and Black looked to be in the box seat to mark in front of his smaller opponent. Instead of holding front position and going for the grab he initiated body contact and tied up his opponent calling Brown in to try and take the mark from behind. Brown was about 10 metres behind at this stage and was never going to be able to make the contest.

As a result the Crows player won the contest with Black resulting in a turnover and a Crows goal that gave them the momentum going into 3qrt time.

Black then took his mouthguard out, turned around to Sideshow and game him a massive spray. He was still having a go at him as the Crows put it through the posts at the other end.

Did anyone else see this? If so did you see it defferently?

From my point of view it looked like a guy who is shot on confidence and form taking out his frustration on young kid.

We have effectively carried him all year and it may have really damaged him and his place in the group. I actually think he could past the point of turning it around at North and is a good candidate for trade while his potential is still rated.

Thoughts?

You are kidding, let's trade Black cause he got frustrated. He was great last year and not as good this year, no reason to go and trade him.
so we should of traded Thomas when he had his yips a few years back.
I can cop these black criticism but when you say he could be past the point of turning it around after an off season at his age it is just plain nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black is injured, according to many on this board. This injury (shoulder) has effectively ruined his confidence in his marking, which has obviously affected his form. With a full pre-season and hopefully a clean-out of the issue which is affecting him in the offseason, I have every confidence Black will be back to his 2013 form in 2015. Trading him, especially the year after signing him to a 4 year contract, would be the height of lunacy.

1. Aaron Black is a gun. I would consider almost no trades for him, certainly none of those that would be offered. (GWS aint' throwing us Hoskin-Elliot and Boyd for him before that comes up)

2. It happens. Whether Black was right or not, I don't mind seeing a bit of feeling in players occasionally. They're grown men, they can sort it out.

something like this incident would be frustrating as it would be a set play. Kicking to a 2 on 1 when an obvious option isn't available would be part of the system going forward. Brown may be a little under developed adhering to team structures and rules as he is only in his first year. As he plays more games with Black, Petrie the cohesion will only get better. If Brown read the situation earlier he would have taken an uncontested mark. FWIW Black was involved heavily in scoring chains on the weekend and is starting to move with some more freedom. This forward 3 is young in terms of game together so these things are bound to happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post 2 on a profile that is 3 years old is to trade Black.

hqdefault.jpg

For what it's worth, I was in Bay 13 and saw the same play and thought the same thing. A few North supporters behind me (who were unhappy with Black to begin with) said the same thing. It wasn't a good look.

I don't mind the verbal either. But Black has actually been doing this all year. I don't think it's leadership. He's not shy about having a go at a team mate when something doesn't go right. Pretty quick to do it.

That said, I wouldn't trade him. Obviously he's injured and down on confidence. Hope he comes good.

Black is one of my favourite players and is one of the few in our team that have weapons that most other players envy. It would be a mistake to trade him now - akin to Brisbane trading Henderson or Carlton Kennedy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back