Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

The way I read the OP it is saying that Black was having a go and Brown for not having a go at the contest.

THis would be a player stuffing up no?

"Brown was about 10 metres behind at this stage and was never going to be able to make the contest".

So no, it wouldn't be Brown's fault if that were the case. Regardless, with how ordinary Black has been this year he shouldn't be spraying anyone rather focusing on getting a kick himself.

Apologies to all. My original intension with the post was to see if anyone else had noticed the spray and how they read it. I.e. Was Black in the right or being lazy then taking out his frustration on a younger player. Blood went to my head while typing and ended up proposing a trade.
I have taken a :stern look at myself in the mirror. Anyhow hope you have at least had some fun with the title.

If black sprays brown does that mean they've had a blue?
Nicolas_Cage_Laugh_GIF.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wood. Offered more in 1 game then Black has for most of the year.

Black has been OK up the ground but we need him to kick goals. Wood looked very promising, led well and gave lots of 2nd 3rd efforts.

Black should have been dropped mid june. Wood should have been playing, not only would have he been settled already, he would understand his role more and what he has to do. black's injury and form have contributed in him being terrible for us, but because he has played more than 1 game he has to play.

Wood. Offered more in 1 game then Black has for most of the year.

Black has been OK up the ground but we need him to kick goals. Wood looked very promising, led well and gave lots of 2nd 3rd efforts.
Very hard to get a goal when up the ground so often, ever thought it is part of team strategy that we don't know about, his score assist this season has been impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very hard to get a goal when up the ground so often, ever thought it is part of team strategy that we don't know about, his score assist this season has been impressive.

True, never looked at it that way.

you know its all well and good to have black and petrie doing really good stuff for the team, but at the end of the day both have had miserable seasons doing the thing they are paid for, and thats kicking goals.

Wood kicked 3 goals in his first game. Black kicked 0 in that same game.

Brad Scott just said in his press conference that Black does great stuff for the team that does not show up on the stats sheet. He is playing this week.
The question is will Wood join him?

And his set shot routine has gone to crap.

Understand that Wood defensively is a bit of a liability ATM but so is Black's 8 possession games and his kicking.

Hopefully both next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back