AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - Re-signs on a 2 year deal! Teenage girl fans rejoyce - 30/8

Remove this Banner Ad

So if Parish played for Guelfi who was going back to play on Giants small forwards? Not Bags because his days down back are numbered. Was McNiece available?

Actually Zaharakis and Guelfi swapped at half time - Zaka to defence and Guelfi to the wing.

So if Parish played for Guelfi who was going back to play on Giants small forwards? Not Bags because his days down back are numbered. Was McNiece available?
Which small forward did he play on?

Which small forward did he play on?

Hard to tell on TV with so much space between our players and Giants player with ball.

Hard to tell on TV with so much space between our players and Giants player with ball.
Coz Saad blanketed Greene and with Ridley and McKenna down there as well I'm confident we could've switched Guelfi with Parish, played Parish on the ball and suffered no loss down back.

Coz Saad blanketed Greene and with Ridley and McKenna down there as well I'm confident we could've switched Guelfi with Parish, played Parish on the ball and suffered no loss down back.

Probably better, but maybe they were thinking a more flexible player who could move back.

Hopefully Parish returns this week

Guelfi didn't have a single touch the whole first quater and only finished with 7 for the game, 3 of them being turnovers.

Would not be surprised at all if he is dropped for parish this week.

I'm fine with him playing every game this year unless his form is so bad there is no other option but to rotate someone through.

We need more of his types to get up to speed of the game and get to the level where they are regular AFL players. He was handy in lots of games last year so need a bigger sample size this year to see where he is at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bloke is so sh*t. Can't kick goals. Can't rebound 50s. Can't get it on the inside. Can't get it on the outside.

Why is he on the team?

Played out of his skin last season. What we are seeing is his true nature.

I liked the idea of him being the 3rd small defender who would perform a genuine lockdown role to support McKenna and Saad but boy his disposal needs to be cleaned up in a hurry. Is an absolute panic merchant right now.

A victim of the attrocious team enviroment he is currently involved in.

When given a single roll he is an ok foot soldier, when asked to do multiple tasks he is oft found out at the level required. Get back to basics and he could play a role but at the moment questions need to be asked of why he is in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - Re-signs on a 2 year deal! Teenage girl fans rejoyce - 30/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back