Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - T3 for HOs, T11 for clearances, T4 for tackles AFL-wide after 13 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Sitting 3rd in the comp for tackles, 11th for contested possessions, 10th for total fantasy points, 9th for centre clearances, 5th for stoppage clearances and 8th for total clearances.

If you haven’t told me at the start of the year he’d be top 50 in the comp for any of those stats I would’ve told you that you are dreaming.

Additionally, 2nd for total hitouts and 6th for hitouts to advantage. Interesting that X (382) and LDU (366) have attended more centre bounces than any other players in the comp.

Crazy to think how his career trajectory has changed in the space of 6 months and you’d think it’s a 3 horse race between him, Sheez and LDU for the Best and Fairest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this is the best he plays his entire career and he stays at this level we've made out like bandits. Purple patch and becoming a dead eye kick for goal.

If he comes home with a wet sail, he’s a genuine chance at the AA bench.

TDK is also coming home with a wet sail.

Both have been way better than Grundy, who is getting the ladder leaders tax.
Can't agree with that at all. No way they have been WAY better than Grundy. He is one of if not the main reason they are where they are and that's not even looking at the stats. He is as important as anyone on their list. He has had a fantastic year and one of the reasons their mids are going so well.

Can't agree with that at all. No way they have been WAY better than Grundy. He is one of if not the main reason they are where they are and that's not even looking at the stats. He is as important as anyone on their list. He has had a fantastic year and one of the reasons their mids are going so well.

They have.

He’s been great for them, but not even close to their most important player.

Sydney have been a poor clearance team for most of the year FWIW. They were 17th at one point before turning it around the last 4 weeks.

Their midfield dominance has zero to do with Grundy.

Gawn is clearly the best this year, then Xerri and TDK. In fact, I’d have Jackson before Grundy.

Sitting 3rd in the comp for tackles, 11th for contested possessions, 10th for total fantasy points, 9th for centre clearances, 5th for stoppage clearances and 8th for total clearances.

If you haven’t told me at the start of the year he’d be top 50 in the comp for any of those stats I would’ve told you that you are dreaming.

Additionally, 2nd for total hitouts and 6th for hitouts to advantage. Interesting that X (382) and LDU (366) have attended more centre bounces than any other players in the comp.

Crazy to think how his career trajectory has changed in the space of 6 months and you’d think it’s a 3 horse race between him, Sheez and LDU for the Best and Fairest.
I’ve said it before, there’s the big body mid everyone is so desperate for! Has to be AA ruck, doing things no,others do. I think he’s a standout favourite for syd barker,,,,,rarely had his,colours lowered,in fact that chase down effort on Liam Ryan sums it up, he gives 110pct and coaches love that when dishing our syd barker points.

They have.

He’s been great for them, but not even close to their most important player.

Sydney have been a poor clearance team for most of the year FWIW. They were 17th at one point before turning it around the last 4 weeks.

Their midfield dominance has zero to do with Grundy.

Gawn is clearly the best this year, then Xerri and TDK. In fact, I’d have Jackson before Grundy.
Definitely agree Gawn has been the best this year. Totally disagree with the rest. Jackson has been so inconsistent it's not funny. I would love to hear from gulden Warner and co So what has influenced their midfield. Do you think X and TDK have influenced their midfields at all.

What a beast!!
Nobody and I mean nobody would have seen this coming…
Give him the Syd now & must seriously be in conversations for AA
Gotta say his form pre-ankle injury was very good.

He just started slowly on his return which had some of the punters asking questions.

What he’s done this year is sensational and at this point should definitely be in the AA squad as a minimum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back