Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - T3 for HOs, T11 for clearances, T4 for tackles AFL-wide after 13 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the things I'm looking is that he's stopped (touch wood) giving away 3-4-5-6 free kicks in a game. Improved his output & reduced the unnecessary bits of his game (while still happy to bring physical presence & pressure).
Good job X
He is pulling in some marks now as the year goes on. 5 yesterday was 0 earleir in the year most games

Definitely agree Gawn has been the best this year. Totally disagree with the rest. Jackson has been so inconsistent it's not funny. I would love to hear from gulden Warner and co So what has influenced their midfield. Do you think X and TDK have influenced their midfields at all.

How exactly does Grundy influence Gulden? He spends about the same time in the center as Sheezel.

Do you think Xerri’s season is THE reason for Sheezel’s form the last 6 weeks? lol.

Warner averages 3.6 clearances a game, so how is Grundy influencing him exactly? In fact it’s Warner’s lowest clearance year in 3 seasons. He won more clearances per game under Tom Hickey.

The Swans midfield isn’t built around stoppage and the ruck dominance.

It’s built on pressure, turnover and transition.

They aren’t a dominant stoppage and clearance side.

Grundy ranks nowhere near the top ruckman this season in most rating systems.

Your posts are the perfect example. Heeney, Gulden and Warner having career seasons = Grundy. Lol

How exactly does Grundy influence Gulden? He spends about the same time in the center as Sheezel.

Do you think Xerri’s season is THE reason for Sheezel’s form the last 6 weeks? lol.

Warner averages 3.6 clearances a game, so how is Grundy influencing him exactly? In fact it’s Warner’s lowest clearance year in 3 seasons. He won more clearances per game under Tom Hickey.

Your posts are the perfect example. Heeney, Gulden and Warner having career seasons = Grundy. Lol
Everyone has their own opinion i suppose If you don't rate Grundy that's fine. One poor mans opinion wont change my own opinion.

Since you do seem to love your stats Grundy's year to date Hit out per game 6th. Hit outs to advantage 2nd. Hit outs into scores 2nd. Stoppage clearance success 2nd. Not saying for one minute X has not been great just saying Grundy has been as good in my opinion. Who would i rather no doubt i would have X.

Sitting 3rd in the comp for tackles, 11th for contested possessions, 10th for total fantasy points, 9th for centre clearances, 5th for stoppage clearances and 8th for total clearances.

If you haven’t told me at the start of the year he’d be top 50 in the comp for any of those stats I would’ve told you that you are dreaming.

Additionally, 2nd for total hitouts and 6th for hitouts to advantage. Interesting that X (382) and LDU (366) have attended more centre bounces than any other players in the comp.

Crazy to think how his career trajectory has changed in the space of 6 months and you’d think it’s a 3 horse race between him, Sheez and LDU for the Best and Fairest.
X, Sheeze, LDU, Chom and Warlord in that order for the Syd.

I'm here putting my hand up and admitting I didn't see X as having this sort of potential, at all. When he was potentially being traded to the Saints I thought he wouldn't be much of a loss as I didn't see him ever becoming an AFL-level first ruck. Last year when Goldy pushed him out of the team, I thought we would need to recruit someone in to take that role.

Has seemingly improved in pretty much every aspect of his game, and has gotten better as the season has gone on. If every player on our list improved as much next year as X has this year, we would be top 4 contenders.

Well done, X! I was wrong.

I'm here putting my hand up and admitting I didn't see X as having this sort of potential, at all. When he was potentially being traded to the Saints I thought he wouldn't be much of a loss as I didn't see him ever becoming an AFL-level first ruck. Last year when Goldy pushed him out of the team, I thought we would need to recruit someone in to take that role.

Has seemingly improved in pretty much every aspect of his game, and has gotten better as the season has gone on. If every player on our list improved as much next year as X has this year, we would be top 4 contenders.

Agreed. And to think he would have been lost to us if the Saints had stumped up a second rounder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a testament to he and Chom that we're not talking about how badly we need to recruit a ruck and a key defender at all. Considering pretty much everyone was throwing names around non stop in the off season.

I reckon that chase on Ryan completely changed the standards and overall trajectory of the club. That's the play of the year, for mine.

We've played like shinboners since then. Closing out that game. Curb stomping the Pies until we ran out of gas. Not giving up against the Demons or Dogs.

It embodied what we've been since, and what we need to be for the rest of the year. On paper he had no chance, but he gave it his best shot and pushed through pain, regardless.

I reckon that chase on Ryan completely changed the standards and overall trajectory of the club. That's the play of the year, for mine.

We've played like shinboners since then. Closing out that game. Curb stomping the Pies until we ran out of gas. Not giving up against the Demons or Dogs.

It embodied what we've been since, and what we need to be for the rest of the year. On paper he had no chance, but he gave it his best shot and pushed through pain, regardless.
Clarko pointed it out in the post match meeting.

That first half against Collingwood and even the 3rd quarter was an absolute joy to watch.

Heck, I have never felt so pumped up than when we got within a goal against the Dees at the 'G. Crowd was going nuts. That feeling had been missing for ages.

I hope we give GC another reality check.

Clarko pointed it out in the post match meeting.

That first half against Collingwood and even the 3rd quarter was an absolute joy to watch.

Heck, I have never felt so pumped up than when we got within a goal against the Dees at the 'G. Crowd was going nuts. That feeling had been missing for ages.

I hope we give GC another reality check.

The narrative this week re G.C. will be all about how they " haven't won away from home in 2024 "

That worries me.

Should call him “Last of the Mohicans” with all the scalps he’s taking

I prefer this movie and the scalps they took....

Brad Pitt Tarantino GIF

This guy even looks a little like X.

eli roth brad pitt gif GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back