AFL Player #39: Vigo Visentini - Extends contract to 2025 - 16/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Pause the video and step through, the GCS player clearly gets to the ball first. Careless & High, tick tick. Severe, well that's up to interpretation I guess but the kid was knocked out.
And then did not get taken from the ground which caught my eye .

He turned and braces for contact. Straight forward suspension. 4 weeks? Eh, not sure, but when you give 3 games for the Weideman suspension then yeah...

He's a good Italian boy, I'd have got his Nonna to make the tribunal some lasagna, would get off on appeal for sure.
His Nonna died not long ago unfortunately...

it's hard to know what he could have even done differently
  • Arrived simultaniously
  • Both looking at the footy
  • Both shoulder to shoulder

It seems the 4 weeks comes from that he was 8-10cm taller and the CGS kid ran into his shoulder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet again, they don’t challenge.

It’s odd, and quite frankly soft of the club to not show some fight for their players.
Mate we challenged Weideman when he literally had his legs taken out from under him. It wasn't a suspendable action and it was still upheld. It should have been a free kick to Weideman but that didn't matter. Go back to the Weideman thread. Watch what he was banned for. That got upheld. That should tell you about the chances of ever overturning anything at the VFL tribunal.

This was very much a suspendable action. He turned and braced. Was the ban excessive? Absolutely, but we were never gonna get anything but 5 weeks if we challenged. Would you rather fight the ban and have him miss the first 4 games next year or not fight it and have him miss the first 3? Those are your options. There is no option c.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #39: Vigo Visentini - Extends contract to 2025 - 16/7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back