List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing for us is we've built up a war chest to target elite players such as Martin and Kelly. This isn't something that's happened overnight it's taken over a year of planning.

It's always going to be a hard sell to leverage an elite talent to another team when that talent isn't disgruntled with their current club.

If we miss out on both I'll be disappointed but won't be in the depths of despair that you seem to think North supporters will be in.

We'll manage or contracts so that they war chest is preserved until we start to snare elite talent from elsewhere.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
18 months ago you wanted him locked up lol

norf players r as marketable as std's
Yeah,but Dusty is as marketable as sex.

If we win a flag this year I won't give a **** what anyone does for the next 10 years.
I will be drunk and high for at least three years.
Footscray mentality, tug. I'll be drunk and high for a few days then demand we go back to back to back to back.

The guy is funny, but what an oxygen thief
Nixon has done some dumb things and comes across as a bit of a dick, but he knows his shit.

The thing for us is we've built up a war chest to target elite players such as Martin and Kelly. This isn't something that's happened overnight it's taken over a year of planning.

It's always going to be a hard sell to leverage an elite talent to another team when that talent isn't disgruntled with their current club.

If we miss out on both I'll be disappointed but won't be in the depths of despair that you seem to think North supporters will be in.

We'll manage or contracts so that they war chest is preserved until we start to snare elite talent from elsewhere.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
If you don't land anyone you'll have to seriously overpay some of the spuds on your list, and/or bring in a Rockliff or Zaharakis on 900k.

If this is how AFL is going to be, North, be ashamed you bunch of f***s.

Seriously, we nurtured the hell out of Dusty and have got him this far.

Simply for sucking ass, you guys now have no one to pay so you go and offer STUPID money to other players and just steal them. Who wouldn't want a shit ton of money and leave their team for it?

So you break another team in pieces in more ways than one, you take arguably their best player, or you make them pay him heaps more than they should to keep him and ruin their own salary cap. In this case a team who, btw, has suffered more than any other team in the AFL the past couple of decades. JUST WHEN THINGS WERE LOOKING UP BTW, THANKS VERY MUCH...

Absolute scummy bullshit ZERO integrity system this free agency and only sick minded bogan-f***s will get any pleasure from this if Dusty leaves. Only disgusting human beings will laugh back in our faces, I hope you know that.

North, I hope you rot, regardless of the result here. You are easily my most hated team now.

Anyone at the AFL, if you read this, scrap Free Agency, it is a pure blight on the game and, in its desire to "accommodate" players seeking a move, it has now caused players who never would have left to start considering leaving.

Players get paid enough as it is.

Rant over, but seriously, get f****d North.
nice melt :thumbsu:

Man, this thread is so schizo...:drunk: > :) > :eek: > :'( > o_O > :cool: > ;) > :D > :drunk:......

Everyone just calm the **** down.

Do we need Tiger71 to post hourly to soothe the nerves?
No!!!!
He's the bloody Nong who has got all the Norf fans going off their nut. They hate him! Comical it is.
One bloke done a full breakdown on his speaking patterns and why it makes you a liar. Too many umms and ahs and pauses. I'm waiting for the breakdown on Barrett's piece last night. Lot of umms and ahs and pauses .
You couldn't make this whole few weeks up it's grouse.
There is going to need to be a lot of counseling either way. I know we have a lot of young posters and I've been trying my hardest to give it all a bit of perspective for them but by God they will lose their shit if he goes. Looks like a fair few kids on Norths board too.

You know what's stuffed about the AFL, if Dusty leaves Richmond they get like pick 11-15, but when Frawley left Melbourne off the back of a shocking year they got pick 3, just a shocking system.

cool story

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what's stuffed about the AFL, if Dusty leaves Richmond they get like pick 11-15, but when Frawley left Melbourne off the back of a shocking year they got pick 3, just a shocking system.
It is what it is.

He's on crack or something?

Mate, old Chicken Bang is on another planet, but, he knows the player industry. He just does not GAF anymore. Off the rails.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

No!!!!
He's the bloody Nong who has got all the Norf fans going off their nut. They hate him! Comical it is.
One bloke done a full breakdown on his speaking patterns and why it makes you a liar. Too many umms and ahs and pauses. I'm waiting for the breakdown on Barrett's piece last night. Lot of umms and ahs and pauses .
There is going to need to be a lot of counseling either way. I know we have a lot of young posters and I've been trying my hardest to give it all a bit of perspective for them but by God they will lose their shit if he goes. Looks like a fair few kids on Norths board too.

The 2 Dusty threads (ours and lolnorfs) win the internet hands down. How good.

Mate, old Chicken Bang is on another planet, but, he knows the player industry. He just does not GAF anymore. Off the rails.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.
He just makes a campaigner of himself flat out now.

IMO, the reality is, there should be no compensation for a Free Agency move... That's why it's called "FREE"... it's not called compensation agency.

If a player is allowed to assess his options, you, as a club, have every access to give him your best offer (and I don't just mean money). If they choose to leave, then it's bad luck, you had your chance and blew it!

What makes it hard is that Free Agency only kicks in after 8 years, so the number of free agents is pitiful to be honest.
IMO free Agency should be available after 4 years of service, (so min of 2 contracts). So if you lost a player, the market for a replacement would be much much bigger.

Also if the market was that big, these "Godfather" deals probably wouldn't exist.

No!!!!

Seriously ? hahaha

Did he even think i might had been a little nervous as i never have done a podcast before and had nothing prepared as im a lazy prick ? My god, if it takes a podcast to make them rage, they need some serious help

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back