List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

It's obviously all about the money for him so if he wants to go, just let him go.
Would be irresponsible for us to match a bid that high.
No player is bigger than the club.

yep pretty shit if he leaves and if we are offering like 1.2 mill per year thats just pure greed IMO, but guess all people are diff. All that the club has done for him obviously won't come into account.

If 1.5m for 7 years is true, Good Bye Dusty and let the door hit you on your way out.

Tigers need to ensure we get compensated fairly as a pick after our first just won't cut it for the highest transfer $$$ in AFL History.
I would be demanding a pick in the top3.

You mean throwing the AFL's money around.
Norf are on life support. Dusty signs for 7 years. Will Norf still be around then?

Not enough members, not enough interest, just wind 'em up. They won't be missed.

yep not worth that much $, 1.25 max a year i think is a good and fair offer . I would give him the 7 years though .

If north offer him the stupid money suggested, does it mean that our compo pick is higher.
Ie he would become the highest paid player in the afl so we get #1 or #2 pick as compo?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Won't happen but man wouldn't it be funny if it did, especially if Norf tank next week. All that work for the #1 draft pick, paying Dusty a shitload out of their salary cap and then BANG! Losing that pick to the team they poached from.

Shit like that doesn't happen for us though. It'll be a pick in the high teens.

If 1.5m for 7 years is true, Good Bye Dusty and let the door hit you on your way out.

Tigers need to ensure we get compensated fairly as a pick after our first just won't cut it for the highest transfer $$$ in AFL History.

I guess my signed frame of dusty will be worth jack shit soon then lol . Still got the Richo frame and Francis Burke though one up, true Tiger's through and through :)

North need something to sell to their fans given the year they have had. They will be thinking what he could bring in membership etc as well.

Watch the rules get changed next year so that teams get fairly compensated in the future. Just our luck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So will Norf let him go on his annual holiday to Vegas with Swanny?

Norf will Ruin Dusty and Dusty will ruin Norf. As good as he is he still needs to be managed in the right manner.
I hope he can handle being the highest paid player and a potential saviour and I hope Norf can handle having their highest paid player loose during the off season.

I guess my signed frame of dusty will be worth jack shit soon then lol . Still got the Richo frame and Francis Burke though one up, true Tiger's through and through :)

I've got a Richmond young guns piece which has Deledio, Riewoldt, Cotchin and Martin, all hand signed.

One down in Deledio, potentially another in Martin lol.

At least i'll have some high calibre in that: 2 x Brownlow medals, 2 x Coleman medals, multiple All Australians, multiple B&F winners + 3 premiership players ;)

I've got a Richmond young guns piece which has Deledio, Riewoldt, Cotchin and Martin, all hand signed.

One down in Deledio, potentially another in Martin lol.

At least i'll have some high calibre in that: 2 x Brownlow medals, 2 x Coleman medals, multiple All Australians, multiple B&F winners + 3 premiership players ;)
Be good to add a premiership.

North have gotta be kidding themselves. They need a proper rebuild! Dusty will be retired by the time they get within a sniff of their window.

The kid being touted as No 1 is also being touted as the next Dustin Martin, take him and develop him and save yourself the 10 million. They are going to hamstring themselves if they hand out that much money. Sydney got away with it due to a winning culture and successful club in regards to Buddy. Killer forward like Buddy over a midfielder any day of the week regardless.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back