List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...d/news-story/50a07ef86098311f3588a76f202a0454

Important part is this:

"But it is the Tigers who are starting to get nervous because North Melbourne are believed to be on the verge of increasing their offer to Martin if they miss luring Kelly — the second of their two-pronged priority recruiting strategy. With both Richmond and North Melbourne already having offered Martin six-year deals of more than $1 million annually, as exclusively reported in The Australian in May, the Kangaroos are now preparing to negotiate their deal out to seven years as well as a pay increase to almost $1.5m a year.

The Australian believes North Melbourne officials, possibly including coach Brad Scott, are preparing as early as this weekend, to fly to New Zealand to speak to Martin’s father Shane."

Honestly, if North offer him that he should go. It's ridiculous. Still want him to stay though :'(

At the end of the day if Dusty wants to earn 1.4m a year, then you can't blame him.

But it would be reckless for us to pay him that much when we could pay two very good players 700k each instead.

Let's just hope if he does go he does a Danger and forces North Melbourne to trade for him so we don't get stuck with some shitting mid-teens compo pick.
As stated numerous times by Sterge that won't happen. It is part of the reason why North are offering so much (no trade cost). I'd imagine North would walk away if Richmond matched.

Greg Denham going with the swing towards North also just now. Reckons the Tigers losing grip of him, mainly due to Norths revised offer and the fact Kelly may be at St Kilda or GWS next year

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...d/news-story/50a07ef86098311f3588a76f202a0454

Important part is this:

"But it is the Tigers who are starting to get nervous because North Melbourne are believed to be on the verge of increasing their offer to Martin if they miss luring Kelly — the second of their two-pronged priority recruiting strategy. With both Richmond and North Melbourne already having offered Martin six-year deals of more than $1 million annually, as exclusively reported in The Australian in May, the Kangaroos are now preparing to negotiate their deal out to seven years as well as a pay increase to almost $1.5m a year.

The Australian believes North Melbourne officials, possibly including coach Brad Scott, are preparing as early as this weekend, to fly to New Zealand to speak to Martin’s father Shane."

Honestly, if North offer him that he should go. It's ridiculous. Still want him to stay though :'(

Lol Greg Denham. The same guy that said dusty will sign before Round one. The bloke knows nothing

Greg Denham going with the swing towards North also just now. Reckons the Tigers losing grip of him, mainly due to Norths revised offer and the fact Kelly may be at St Kilda or GWS next year

the bloke guesses non stop, knows nothing

If Dusty goes to #lolnorf for 7+ years at 1.5M+ a year, you almost couldn't blame him... I can't wait to see the press conference though.

So Dusty, you've left a club in the top 4 for a side who were scrapping it out for the spoon in rd 23 this year, what was the main attraction?

Well, #lolnorf are a gre.... who am i kidding, I'm a mercenary and have taken the highest offer imaginable. I really wanted to stay a tiger, but #lolnorf offer was just too ridiculous to knock back! Happy to relocate to Tasmania for 1.5+ a year until I'm 33! #lolnorf

Why would he leave a team on the verge of a flag? It's insanity to think he will.
Exactly, done the hard yards with us early in his career, why go back and do it all again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed.

My only worry if Norf are dumb enough for a attempted quick fix and offer 1.6 to 1.7 million a year for 7 years, we will not match. That is what they would have to offer to take him. I would be gob smacked if they offered that level of coin as that will **** them as they need to rebuild and Dusty, even though he is a elite mid is no Buddy franklin.

Still believe Dusty will stay a tiger.
Let them have him if that's what they want to pay.
That's ****ing crazy.

If that is the amount of cash and the term then that is crazy....and as good as Dusty is you would have to let him go.

The problem is we need to trade so we would have to match and then trade. If we got a pick after our current pick it would completely cripple us.

Greg Denham's record is deplorable so I'm not really worried. I think the Tiger deal is done and Carr/RFC know this but are waiting until the end of the year anyway because that is what they said they would do.

I could handle him going to Norf a lot more than most other clubs.
But it would really change peoples opinion of him in an unfortunate way.
Little Gaz he was able to mask his reason with making out that he was going up there to help a new franchise etc. Not sure how you dress this up.
I'm definitely at the point though that I would be really annoyed and disappointed in the club if we try to match if the rumor of $10m over 7 is true. That would **** a list.

I could handle him going to Norf a lot more than most other clubs.
But it would really change peoples opinion of him in an unfortunate way.
Little Gaz he was able to mask his reason with making out that he was going up there to help a new franchise etc. Not sure how you dress this up.
I'm definitely at the point though that I would be really annoyed and disappointed in the club if we try to match if the rumor of $10m over 7 is true. That would **** a list.
Yep, I reckon it would really damage his brand/image not only to Richmond fans either.

I've no doubt #lolnorf have tabled or are about to table one of the biggest offers in history.
Imagine if Dusty knocks it back......Jesus.
I almost hope he goes for their sake.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back