List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally agree during his active playing career when the TPP is in play, but it was mentioned as post footy opportunities and I wondered what that has to do with it?
It's a bit like land deals, sign with us and post carrier we will set you in business etc, that could be construed as part of the salary package, just dotting the i's crossing the t's

I actually didn't mind Norf until i joined bigfooty

I didn't like them as such but there was no dislike...now i've changed my tune.
Never knew Norf were in the afl until i joined bf.

Just what we need a pies supporter dressed up as a norf campaigner

I'm still not the pies supporter dressed up as a norf campaigner you deserve though.

It actually does happen a bit.
I highly doubt it, maybe a conversation over the phone or a coffee somewhere but I can't see any player sitting down mid year Infront of another clubs coaches and players and discussing there intentions, simply would not happen and if it did, I would really hope that who ever it was was sent packing never to enter his club again.

It's a bit like land deals, sign with us and post carrier we will set you in business etc, that could be construed as part of the salary package, just dotting the i's crossing the t's
Yeah I remember the Clinton Casey property deals when (the players involved were still playing) and I understand that type of inclusion, especially if it forms part of the negotiations.

I was more asking the question relating to post career earning opportunities and if the AFL has any control over these agreements, particularly if they are forecast to only begin after footy finishes unlike the property deals mentioned above.
I would imagine it is with these post career opportunities a club our size with its many affiliates could blow a battling club like LOLNorf out of the water.

One thing that i haven't seen mentioned but I think helps our cause a lot is PUMA

Dusty has a sponsorship deal with them with PUMA also being a club sponsor of the tigers they have an invested interest in keeping him at the tigers because it means more publicity for them with every article about dusty in his tiger gear and the puma logo all over it

It's things like this among others mentioned already that shorten the gap between Richmond and Norfs offer

Is that you Dusty?
Were you upset that we were all so angsty but didn't want to dog Carr and actually reveal you've already signed so just came to spread peace and calm?

One thing that i haven't seen mentioned but I think helps our cause a lot is PUMA

Dusty has a sponsorship deal with them with PUMA also being a club sponsor of the tigers they have an invested interest in keeping him at the tigers because it means more publicity for them with every article about dusty in his tiger gear and the puma logo all over it

It's things like this among others mentioned already that shorten the gap between Richmond and Norfs offer

Brownlow
Premiership.....Norm Smith medal?
Richmond membership 100 000+
Biggest AFL club
Merchandise, post-footy job/dollars
Brownlow
More premiership glory
Potentially one of the greatest tigers ever

Can't see him going.

Brownlow
Premiership.....Norm Smith medal?
Richmond membership 100 000+
Biggest AFL club
Merchandise, post-footy job/dollars
Brownlow
More premiership glory
Potentially one of the greatest tigers ever

Can't see him going.

My thoughts exactly.

We are too big & too strong. His dynasty at Tigerland will have him set for life.

North might not even be at Arden St in 15 years.

Impossible for him to leave.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that you Dusty?
Were you upset that we were all so angsty but didn't want to dog Carr and actually reveal you've already signed so just came to spread peace and calm?
Haha
I wish!
Sorry guys you won't be getting any inside word or anything or the sort from me just a guys who loves our team but also likes to look at the big picture

I don't know why this page is going at 1 an hour.. You guys need to just wait, if he signs by the end of next week he's played the game well and hell be loved forever, if not he's gone.. Either to norths absolutely club and list ruining offer of desperation or (my personal opinion) he's already had an agreement with another club all year ala buddy.. Either way let it be guys.. Speculation is just wasting time, enjoy the season coz I think we are going at minimum to a prelim

Great point.....

My thoughts exactly.

We are too big & too strong. His dynasty at Tigerland will have him set for life.

North might not even be at Arden St in 15 years.

Impossible for him to leave.

To be fair i don't think he'd still be playing in 15 years so that probably won't be too big of a concern.

The North board is a riot.

Their best responses to me calling them out on their shit are "nobody cares about your opinion" or "whatever bro"

And so far NOBODY is taking my bet. :D:D:D:cool::cool::p

Are you that silly ?? You back tracked real quick when someone ponied up ......just stop big noting yourself.

Your talking tough, but how tough?

I'll give you 1:1 odds. The bet is $50k though.

I don't talk shit either.

who cares if dusty possibly met with their leadership, what could they say anyway :')
It's more the fact that he met them in the first place that would be a concern rather than what was said. It indicates that there is an interest of going over to North. Then again his manager has known to "use" clubs in the past to try to get a bigger contract. Like having Dusty tour the GWS ground when he wasn't interested. Though it's unlikely the case in this instance, Carr can't exactly publicly highlight this to the media (unless he is the one who leaked this information, but I doubt that this is the case).

If Martin met with there leadership group as they are saying, do they seriously think Martin would be playing? Just picture that for a second, a contracted player, walking in to another club whilst contracted, sits around in another clubs room Infront of there playing group and coaches, it just boggles the mind how stupid the media is. I'm almost certain if even a whiff of something like that was actually true the club would be all over it and would have promptly told Dusty he can play out his days as a Richmond player in the vfl.
Do you honestly think even if he came out tmrw and said I'm leaving that the club would drop him? We are about to enter probably our most important few weeks of football in 35 years and we'd drop our best player? Please.

Do you honestly think even if he came out tmrw and said I'm leaving that the club would drop him? We are about to enter probably our most important few weeks of football in 35 years and we'd drop our best player? Please.
I agree. Even if he is going to leave we can't just drop him for the final series. We need to give ourselves the best possible chance in them.

Besides, if Dusty does decide to leave he would want to play his best football possible. It would be the closest he'll get to tasting success if he goes to lolnorf. They won't be playing finals or even get close to a premiership in the foreseeable future.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k=2751542e94a18df53dfed1f8879a4809-1503572051
Port Adelaide furious with Geelong over trying to woo Travis Boak
Geelong's delegation of coach Chris Scott, captain Joel Selwood and leader Jimmy Bartel spoke to Boak in Adelaide on Sunday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/e99d20f49a1bd8207dc0e8bab56946f0
Western Bulldogs midfielder Lin Jong tours Collingwood facilities mid-season
The out-of-contract Bulldog met with a Magpies official after hours at the Holden Centre last week as he weighs up his footballing future.

Hey guys I'm having a bit of trouble finding articles about Dusty's meeting with North. Can only seem to find these two. Please could someone please point me in the right direction? Cheers

Don't have a link, but this was the image that was reported.

Dusty met with their leadership group over the interweb direct into norfs headquarters.
But don't worry boys and girls - he wore protection.

leader_or_facil.jpeg

6796cb8de27786f1a900b13a6297aec0.png

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back