List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

He was there.
Blundstone Arena is a small stadium.
Only holds 20k.

Well i don't believe North would play this charade for so long just for Carrs public image.
We would of come out and said we are not in the race for Dusty if we were told to GAGF and moved on to other targets.

We have no code of silence to dusty and his manager.

So Martin and his manager go to a coffee shop together and within minutes someone snaps a picture of them together, but Carr St a game with thousands of people there including media and not one picture taken??

l0fbJx-NsYiAFU-Zwtd1ZgMBWtqiXNLqozF64reUwgbmuQJvB5VnSsYwGnWAdJRNd0G8KFr-eDz335M9bhpq1uVNRNr80Jm7JgSAOw25Vk7IvvrKkQ=w180-h208-nc

My friend, have Nth stated they have tabled a 1.5 over 7 deal? Or is it the media?

North haven't denied it and have made it clear to members they would be active in trades/free agency.
No reason not to believe we made that offer.

I imagine we would of squashed it if the media were running with unfounded claims of this stature.

- Dustin met North leaders around round 17 (not disputed by RFC officials)
- Carr seen at North matches in round 19 & 20. One of which was in Tasmania.
- Richmond tables seemingly final offer offer of 1.1 mil awaiting third party post retirement gigs.
- North tables bigger offer of 1.5 mil
- Pending NZ trip and bye (I expect Richmond decision during this period if he is staying)

So i don't think this implies we were told to GAGF at all.
If Dustin stormed out of Jack Ziebells house and said "GAGF no way i love Richmond."
Id say North would have announced that they are no longer interested in Martin.

As i mentioned before we have no duty to keep playing on fruitlessly.
Dustin value has already skyrocketed.
Plus we have other contract business put on hold because of this.
That suggests to me we are at least still in the mix.
Why have you got other player contracts on hold if you are so flushed with cash? We have re-signed 4 of ours in the past 4-5 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly we have to
Prepare for life without dusty- it's stinks but effectively we have 1 mill to lure someone- I would be looking at Kelly . Hopefully the club has done due diligence to do their sums and target player needs. Please no more short people

We are getting Schoenmakers and Mason Cox. Midget problem solved:rolleyes:

Now I am certain that all clubs including Richmond do it, so this is not sour grapes or chicken little, but am I wrong in thinking that clubs are not supposed to make offers to players outside the trade period?
Not that I'm bitter or whatever, but if it's against the rules why does the league allow every club to just openly break these rules?
No doubt we were at Prestia well below trade period so I know it happens but if the rules are openly broken then why are they even there?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. #4 Dustin Martin Contract Talk - 7 MORE YEARS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back