Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford - re-signed until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep I know and the backline is similar. So it was actually going to be a part of a bigger post, ( but not really for this thread) called the 'upcoming squeeze'.
A great problem to have, and of course finding good quality footballers with late picks, is the quickest way up the ladder.
Then you add in all the early picks we've had and of course, rightly we expect them to be successful.

I said finals in 2025 about 4 years ago, might not be far wrong .
A coffee cart might’ve sorted out the upcoming squeeze’

Firstly congratulations to Eddie I am very pleased to see him sign on for next year.

In the North article it states "Ford becomes the seventh Roo to re-sign this year, joining Harry Sheezel, Tristan Xerri, Charlie Comben, Tom Powell, Brayden George and Kallan Dawson to commit to the club beyond this season." It was reported in the media that Jackson Archer had signed on for 2 years but I haven't seen anything come out of North to confirm. Hopefully just nailing down the details and it will be official very soon.

Firstly congratulations to Eddie I am very pleased to see him sign on for next year.

In the North article it states "Ford becomes the seventh Roo to re-sign this year, joining Harry Sheezel, Tristan Xerri, Charlie Comben, Tom Powell, Brayden George and Kallan Dawson to commit to the club beyond this season." It was reported in the media that Jackson Archer had signed on for 2 years but I haven't seen anything come out of North to confirm. Hopefully just nailing down the details and it will be official very soon.

I wouldn't worry about Archer. He's playing well, and the club clearly sees him as part of the back 6.

I'd have given him 2 years but glad he's staying nonetheless.
I am the same on this. I agree in principle that we've given too many longer term contracts on potential recently which hasn't always worked out, and I do acknowledge the fact that we have plenty of medium size forwards (Zurhaar, Ford, Curtis, Taylor, Duursma) and probably 2 of them will drop off as soon as we can find another quality tall and a quality small forward. But given Eddie is in the side week in week out, I thought he deserved 2 years. However, the fact he agreed to sign it is a good thing. If he has a breakout year next year, and we are on the right trajectory I am sure he will stay on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't worry about Archer. He's playing well, and the club clearly sees him as part of the back 6.
And his name is Archer. Can't see him signing with Essendon :)

I'd have given him 2 years but glad he's staying nonetheless.
Timing is everything KC
I’d argue 14 days ago he may have gotten 2 years if not for an underwhelming fortnight

He signed it so he can't be too unhappy with 1 year.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Genuinely does not lack confidence, to take one year with us and back himself to earn a bigger deal next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford - re-signed until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back