Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - has re-signed until the end of 2029 - finishes 6th in the 24' SBM

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't seen this sort of confidence (borderline arrogance) since the King strutted his stuff on Friday nights in the 90's.

Z fears nothing; the opposition, the media and best of all what people think of him - I ABSOLUTELY love this bloke.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or whatever but it sounds to me like you are begrudging a bunch of young men having a good time on annual leave

Which is an odd thing to be upset about

This poster has gobbed Garner and belittled pretty much everyone else on the list. Not sure of their angle.

This poster has gobbed Garner and belittled pretty much everyone else on the list. Not sure of their angle.
So, anyone know who he actually is or is he just one of those cowards that is happy to personally slag off players as long as it’s behind a keyboard. Opinions on playing is fair play, but reckon if you’re going personal, be brave enough to own it.

So, anyone know who he actually is or is he just one of those cowards that is happy to personally slag off players as long as it’s behind a keyboard. Opinions on playing is fair play, but reckon if you’re going personal, be brave enough to own it.

Hes upset that we can’t trade out our duds for the AA side

It's been somewhat of a meteoric rise for Cameron Zurhaar in 2019.
Coming into the season North's number 44 had just nine games and just 4 goals to his name. Four weeks later, he'd kicked his first bag of 5 in his 13th AFL appearance. In his 21st match, another 5 majors.
Zurhaar's big year was capped off on Monday night, with best-on-ground honours for each of those 5 goal hauls at the Brownlow Medal.
When you consider only Carlton's Sam Walsh equalled his tally of six votes from this year's Rising Star crop, it's been nothing short of a terrific season for the North youngster.
In all, he played 19 games for 26 goals, but it's his toughness and unrelenting approach around the contest that are perhaps his most valuable assets, and ones that would make him among the first picked every week.
It's fair to say he's come a long way since joining the club as a rookie selection back in 2016.

Zurhaar's three vote games

Round 7 v Carlton
16 disposals, 5 goals, 4 tackles, 4 inside 50s, NAB Rising Star nomination

Round 16 v St Kilda
16 disposals, 5 goals, 6 inside 50s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been somewhat of a meteoric rise for Cameron Zurhaar in 2019.
Coming into the season North's number 44 had just nine games and just 4 goals to his name. Four weeks later, he'd kicked his first bag of 5 in his 13th AFL appearance. In his 21st match, another 5 majors.
Zurhaar's big year was capped off on Monday night, with best-on-ground honours for each of those 5 goal hauls at the Brownlow Medal.
When you consider only Carlton's Sam Walsh equalled his tally of six votes from this year's Rising Star crop, it's been nothing short of a terrific season for the North youngster.
In all, he played 19 games for 26 goals, but it's his toughness and unrelenting approach around the contest that are perhaps his most valuable assets, and ones that would make him among the first picked every week.
It's fair to say he's come a long way since joining the club as a rookie selection back in 2016.

Zurhaar's three vote games

Round 7 v Carlton
16 disposals, 5 goals, 4 tackles, 4 inside 50s, NAB Rising Star nomination

Round 16 v St Kilda
16 disposals, 5 goals, 6 inside 50s
It's fair to say, he'd be half a chance to get onto a senior list this season...

Along with Worpel (10), Walsh (6) and Naughton (7) probably polled the best of any u/21 in the compeitition.

Received more votes than McLuggage (5) and Rozee (4) as an example.

Polled more votes than Papley (4)

Piggy? Please stop making things up. Zurhaar's Nickname is the Bull. Clearly you don't have the club contacts that I do. And I gained those club contacts not even trying to be liked.

Welcome SS, I'm going out on a limp and stating we're lucky to have someone of your caliper!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - has re-signed until the end of 2029 - finishes 6th in the 24' SBM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back