Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not convinced the attempt on Trump will change that much in terms of the election race. Biden will still be Biden, should be replaced.

It will definitely get a lot more hyped coverage of the RNC convention. But then you'd hope the focus is on the unhinged stuff being spouted as well.

Those who were going to vote based on brashness, perceived toughness (versus the opponent), macho displays etc, were probably already voting for Trump. It's not like people who were going to vote for Biden on policy/substance, will switch. If people haven't made up their mind yet, I'm not sure they'll react viscerally to this.
This was the position I took immediately after the shooting and on other forums got shot [lol] down for it but honestly people who were voting Trump were voting for him before, and especially now.
People who were voting Biden/Dems won't be switching over just because an alleged Republican tried to assassinate Trump.
And neutrals don't vote.

I still think its going to be close like it was in 2020 and that this Trump assassination attempt probably helps him sell merchandise over the next 5 years whether he is president or not.

I haven't seen anyone online who isn't a bad faith actor say they are changing their vote because of what happened at the rally.
The Dems I have seen have said "he is still a 34 charge felon etc" and the Repubs are still "Biden is an old shit, MAGA, etc".

This was the position I took immediately after the shooting and on other forums got shot [lol] down for it but honestly people who were voting Trump were voting for him before, and especially now.
People who were voting Biden/Dems won't be switching over just because an alleged Republican tried to assassinate Trump.
And neutrals don't vote.

I still think its going to be close like it was in 2020 and that this Trump assassination attempt probably helps him sell merchandise over the next 5 years whether he is president or not.

I haven't seen anyone online who isn't a bad faith actor say they are changing their vote because of what happened at the rally.
The Dems I have seen have said "he is still a 34 charge felon etc" and the Repubs are still "Biden is an old shit, MAGA, etc".
Your position is correct, Biden couldn't win before Saturday's events, and he still can't win now. It should change nothing, but the Democratic establishment being as they are, will probably use this as an excuse for "stability". Maybe for a week, before they realise the polls are ****ed, though they might explain that away as a "bump" because of the assasination attempt.

For all the talk of what a Trump 2nd term would mean, they don't seem to really give a shit. My theory - even with democracy eroded the donor class will still be fine even if America becomes a dictatorship.

Your position is correct, Biden couldn't win before Saturday's events, and he still can't win now. It should change nothing, but the Democratic establishment being as they are, will probably use this as an excuse for "stability". Maybe for a week, before they realise the polls are ****ed, though they might explain that away as a "bump" because of the assasination attempt.

For all the talk of what a Trump 2nd term would mean, they don't seem to really give a shit. My theory - even with democracy eroded the donor class will still be fine even if America becomes a dictatorship.
I'd extend that to the media class there as well. They often can't see the wood for the trees because they're insulated from the effects.

Yep, many/most would prefer a 2nd trump term as opposed to a genuine progressive like Bernie as president.
They're incredibly naive as well about the sturdiness of their political structures. Because they would never act criminally (as they see it), they can't imagine anyone else subverting what is a norms-based order.

They're incredibly naive as well about the sturdiness of their political structures. Because they would never act criminally (as they see it), they can't imagine anyone else subverting what is a norms-based order.

Yep they project their norminess onto Trump and his crazy enablers.

It possibly might make some sitting on the fence come out and vote for Trump after his response to the shooting - a lot of people love all that stuff no matter how absurd and staged it looked (which it wasn't btw). That would be my only fear that it has caused a few fence sitters to be swayed.

Interestingly the shooter was an ex republican party member!

It possibly might make some sitting on the fence come out and vote for Trump after his response to the shooting - a lot of people love all that stuff no matter how absurd and staged it looked (which it wasn't btw). That would be my only fear that it has caused a few fence sitters to be swayed.

Interestingly the shooter was an ex republican party member!

I don’t think there are many fence sitting trump supporters. Those rusted on already were voting.

Question is will this mean independents go vote for him more so in swing states now.

Dont opposition parties usually get imprisoned during dictatorship takeoever?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont opposition parties usually get imprisoned during dictatorship takeoever?

Yes but they are still dumb enough to project their own norminess onto trump and his enablers.

So as much as they think democracy is under threat or going to be eroded or whatever they still weirdly can’t think beyond 2028 being a normal election.

Hard disagree, while I don't have a horse in this race, I think anyone who thinks this election will be a blow out obviously didn't pay attention to 2020, which has been identical to how this race is going.

Polls had Trump leading early, Biden ran the numbers down, farcical debate where Trump lied and Biden showed his age and both looked unfit for President, the shooting is a new twist but as I said in my last post its not going to swing neutrals either way especially since the shooter was a Republican.

Its going to be another very tight vote. Trump might win, I don't think you can categorically say one is further ahead than the other. The only times I was confident in an election cycle was for both of Obamas, and then Trump against Hillary.

I would be astonished if the winner is determined by a margin much bigger than the last election.

Hard disagree, while I don't have a horse in this race, I think anyone who thinks this election will be a blow out obviously didn't pay attention to 2020, which has been identical to how this race is going.

Polls had Trump leading early, Biden ran the numbers down, farcical debate where Trump lied and Biden showed his age and both looked unfit for President, the shooting is a new twist but as I said in my last post its not going to swing neutrals either way especially since the shooter was a Republican.

Its going to be another very tight vote. Trump might win, I don't think you can categorically say one is further ahead than the other. The only times I was confident in an election cycle was for both of Obamas, and then Trump against Hillary.

I would be astonished if the winner is determined by a margin much bigger than the last election.

It’s not like 2020 at all, this is exactly 4 years ago

7b3649ff9bbc595d37dd3f8abd452f61.jpg

This is now

Who Is Favored To Win The 2024 Presidential Elect….jpeg.png
Because of the electoral collage Biden needs to be ahead by 5 in popular head to head to win.

Isn't the likely swing coming Trumps way more from people who traditionally check out from politics and don't vote?

Well I don’t know.

That’s what I mean, I think Trump supporters are pretty rusted on. The ones who don’t traditionally vote and/or independents I’m not sure if this will shift them to vote Trump.

Ah you serious? The media is the first to go in a dicatorship. Look at all the journalists imprisoned in Russia or operating in exile.
Absolutely, but I think US journalists are blind to the threat. They've stuck to the "well, that will never happen" even as the Republicans smash through norm after norm.

The guy can't even read off a teleprompter. "former Trump" is his latest stuff up. This would be a good time to just replace him quickly. Get Biden to sight some health problem other than the Dementia he has.
Havent you heard - teleprompters are dangerous

I’m sure he’s just conserving his energy for later though.

I think he should do another ad like this, but instead eating hummus with some Arab Americans...

On the plus side, he's handled the attempt on Trump's life quite well so far 👍

I think he should do another ad like this, but instead eating hummus with some Arab Americans...

On the plus side, he's handled the attempt on Trump's life quite well so far 👍

He had to, if he hadn't the outrage from the MAGAS and media would have been off the charts. I am still seeing people complain that he took an hour to put out a statement about the Trump shooting [apparently he was in church when the shooting happened] but was quick to comment on Vance being VP.

Its politics. You can't win.
You take too long to do something, and you are slow, indecisive but if you take action on anything immediately you are rash, and don't think things through.
Happens to everyone at the top of the tree at some point.

I still see people criticizing Bush for finishing reading to kids after he was told about 9/11. But if he had rushed out panicked and scared/scarred those kids, thats all we would hear about instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back