Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Wondering if its more him, or more his advisers and campaign team who don't want to be unemployed all of a sudden.
If he loses, Biden will of course blame the Democratic Party for not supporting him, without ever once reflecting upon why the party was asking him to stand aside in the first place.

God, this is so frustrating. The Democrats and Biden team have a lot to answer for if this all ends up with Trump 2.0. Kinda Reminds me of Hindenburg.

I get the take that the Democrats have handicapped themselves by going with Biden but I’m also amazed that people blame them for the possibility of a second Trump presidency; the blame for that surely lies with the GOP. They’re the ones who refused to cut Trump loose after he: Made telephone calls to Georgia asking officials to find votes; organised fake slates of electors; organised the January 6 insurrection; tried to have his Vice President hung; wants to pardon the participants; was found guilty of rape in a civil case; stole classified documents; was banned from running businesses in New York; was found guilty of 34 felonies; boasted about abandoning NATO; wants to give Ukraine to Russia; and repeatedly gives incomprehensible speeches with idiotic references to fictional serial killers.

I get the take that the Democrats have handicapped themselves by going with Biden but I’m also amazed that people blame them for the possibility of a second Trump presidency; the blame for that surely lies with the GOP. They’re the ones who refused to cut Trump loose after he: Made telephone calls to Georgia asking officials to find votes; organised fake slates of electors; organised the January 6 insurrection; tried to have his Vice President hung; wants to pardon the participants; was found guilty of rape in a civil case; stole classified documents; was banned from running businesses in New York; was found guilty of 34 felonies; boasted about abandoning NATO; wants to give Ukraine to Russia; and repeatedly gives incomprehensible speeches with idiotic references to fictional serial killers.
That's absolutely right.
The GOP are a shadow of themselves.
The GOP don't necessarily care about Trump.
They only want Trump to deliver them the Senate and the House of Reps, and the White House, to pass their legislation.

That's absolutely right.
The GOP are a shadow of themselves.
The GOP don't necessarily care about Trump.
They only want Trump to deliver them the Senate and the House of Reps, and the White House, to pass their legislation.
again, reminds me of Germany in the 1920's. Hinderburg thought he would control Hitler, but instead it was the other way around. Mitch McConnell has a lot to answer for.

Not saying Trump is a Nazi with this comparison, the most overused word in a lot of political debates.

Just a comparison of history.

again, reminds me of Germany in the 1920's. Hinderburg thought he would control Hitler, but instead it was the other way around. Mitch McConnell has a lot to answer for.

Not saying Trump is a Nazi with this comparison, the most overused word in a lot of political debates.

Nazi's were from nearly 100 years ago.
What we have now in 2024 is something completely different.

Call him a wannabe fascist

No I disagree, I wholeheartedly blame the Democrats for being so pathetic that Trump will romp it in in November.

No I disagree, I wholeheartedly blame the Democrats for being so pathetic that Trump will romp it in in November.
The Democrats didn't factor in a US Supreme Court, stacked with Trump appointees, who would prostrate themselves at the visage of Donald Trump.

The Democrats didn't factor in a US Supreme Court, stacked with Trump appointees, who would prostrate themselves at the visage of Donald Trump.
Irrelevant, Democrats sold themselves out long ago, chickens coming home to roost.

The Clinton campaign encouraged Trump to run and elevated him because they thought it would be an easy win, and Schumer openly admitted that they were okay to lose the working class vote because they'd apparently pick up more disaffected Republicans.

Great tactical thinking from the Dems, as always.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was thinking last night, Shakespeare would love this election.

On one side, an ageing king fighting and losing against the ravages of time, fighting to hold on to his crown.

On the other, a power-obsessed challenger who loves to humiliate those who support him.

Would make great theatre.

On one side, an ageing king fighting and losing against the ravages of time, fighting to hold on to his crown.

On the other, a power-obsessed challenger who loves to humiliate those who support him.

The theatre would be enhanced by the challenger becoming the aging king soon after catching the goal

Melania to pull a Lady MacBeth.

Everything he says about Vance is correct - but it also applies to him. They're two sides of the same coin, mirror images. God help us if either ends up the first millennial president.
All politicians to a certain degree are inauthentic, it's part of the gig. The only place you'll ever see an idealistic and people first politician is in an Aaron Sorkin drama.

Unfortunately there are no amount of good public appearances that will override what was seen in the first debate. That is not going to go away, and will doom his campaign.
Whilst his stumbling, mumbling speeches might have been quaint and endearing years ago, I don’t think anybody’s buying it anymore.
I think the public knows there’s better talent in the Party, and they are right to demand that they step forward.
They should have months ago.

The way that the Democrats are white-anting Biden daily, it really is becoming untenable for him to run in November.

Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

Everything he says about Vance is correct - but it also applies to him. They're two sides of the same coin, mirror images. God help us if either ends up the first millennial president.

This is where I disagree, equating Vance and Pete as one and the same is going into the territory where people like Jimmy Dore and Russell brand inhabit.

Dems should be way more progressive of course, but Vance is in favour of ending no fault divorce, anti any abortion etc. He will also do any dodgy shit trump wants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back