4th Ashes Test England v Australia July 19-23 1930hrs @ Old Trafford

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to wonder if people here are true cricket fans praying for rain.

I want to see this test and this series decided by cricket not by the weather.

This will be a massive anti climax if they can't get back out there today to decide it.
Oh lol you would be cheering every raindrop if the blackcraps were in this position.

This will be a massive anti climax if they can't get back out there today to decide it.
Anyone who’s played a decent amount of cricket has been on the right side of a rain out and the wrong side. It is what it is.

No point losing any sleep over it, a series win is a series win.

The conditions have undeniably favoured England in the first three tests, I didn’t see them saying it was an anti climax when Mark Wood ran through us in between rain delays at Headingley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My brother asked me if he’s a news reporter.

Seems there are more than a few people who have no idea why he’s relevant in any sense of the word.

He should stick to debating people in the LGBTQ community about pronouns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Piers Morgan is obsessed with Meghan and Harry, and transgender , the guy is a ****ing knob jockey.

I liked your post but just need you to know I only liked it because you’re hating this.

#tompetty
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

To be fair, the rain has kept it interesting. If we played through rain / could use a roof then this game would of been a forgone conclusion once England got ahead of us in their innings.

Instead everyone has been on the edge of their seats, checking weather apps, reading articles etc. rather than tuning out knowing the result is already decided.

Despite all the chat about England momentum, this talk is only possible because England botched the first Test. If this was happening in Australia, while I'm sure plenty of us would be whinging about the rules like England are now, I think plenty would be questioning how we let it get this close in a home series.

Hopefully England ask themselves that question if today is washed out but let's face it, they'll continue to blow smoke up their own backsides and it'll all be about bad luck.

Yes, I'm sure if this was New Zealand against us you wouldn't be praying for rain to win the series lol.

I would rather we won a series by us playing good cricket than winning it by default due to the weather.

Australia might retain the Ashes due to it raining for the best part of 2 days but it's hardly anything worth celebrating.

You are just celebrating the rain and not your team playing good cricket.

Absolutely.

In any other sport, in any other scenario, at any given time you're right.

But for so many reasons, I just can't stand the Poms. It starts in 1915 when we were first a tactical decoy and then cannon fodder at the Dardanelles, it built steam when we were abandoned in 1941 after the Fall of Singapore, and finally charged home with the legions of bling infested, Burberry tracksuit wearing Chavs zombying up and down the streets of Perth ready to punch on with the closest lamppost (who supports a football team not from their town).

I want the cup first, with victory to follow after.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Bairstows getting stumped in acts of cheating, Crawley and Duckett assing runs with terrible technique. I watched Anderson struggle on flat decks that I ordered, all these moments like my dream of the Ashes will be lost, like tears in Machester rain"
Love it!

If you could work in the MCC Long Room tantrum somehow....

Anyone who’s played a decent amount of cricket has been on the right side of a rain out and the wrong side. It is what it is.

No point losing any sleep over it, a series win is a series win.

The conditions have undeniably favoured England in the first three tests, I didn’t see them saying it was an anti climax when Mark Wood ran through us in between rain delays at Headingley.
You don’t retain the Ashes because of the rain, you retain them because you won the first 2 tests.

Remove this Banner Ad

4th Ashes Test England v Australia July 19-23 1930hrs @ Old Trafford

Back