4th Ashes Test England v Australia July 19-23 1930hrs @ Old Trafford

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely.

In any other sport, in any other scenario, at any given time you're right.

But for so many reasons, I just can't stand the Poms. It starts in 1915 when we were first a tactical decoy and then cannon fodder at the Dardanelles, it built steam when we were abandoned in 1941 after the Fall of Singapore, and finally charged home with the legions of bling infested, Burberry tracksuit wearing Chavs zombying up and down the streets of Perth ready to punch on with the closest lamppost (who supports a football team not from their town).

I want the cup first, with victory to follow after.
So, so much this post.... can't love it enough.

You don’t retain the Ashes because of the rain, you retain them because you won the first 2 tests.
Exactly, a point plenty of Poms seem to be forgetting. Also, after all the whinging, I hope we smash them at the Oval to make it look like we were just toying with them; 3-1 sounds pretty good.

I would rather we won a series by us playing good cricket than winning it by default due to the weather.

Australia might retain the Ashes due to it raining for the best part of 2 days but it's hardly anything worth celebrating.

You are just celebrating the rain and not your team playing good cricket.

Something tells me if it was England who won the first two Tests & it was Australia coming back from behind, desperate to win this Test to go to a decider, you'd be singing a different tune.

Have to wonder if people here are true cricket fans praying for rain.

I want to see this test and this series decided by cricket not by the weather.

This will be a massive anti climax if they can't get back out there today to decide it.
True cricket fans like any fans of any sport don't like their team losing. So thumbs up from me.

I would rather we won a series by us playing good cricket than winning it by default due to the weather.

Australia might retain the Ashes due to it raining for the best part of 2 days but it's hardly anything worth celebrating.

Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but some of us aren't whining idiots.

We are celebrating winning/retaining/having the ashes. Something irrelevant minor cricketing nations can't do, and maybe you can visit and see them.

To be fair, the rain has kept it interesting. If we played through rain / could use a roof then this game would of been a forgone conclusion once England got ahead of us in their innings.

Instead everyone has been on the edge of their seats, checking weather apps, reading articles etc. rather than tuning out knowing the result is already decided.
Yeah, it's in keeping with the series on that sense.

Look no doubt England have played better, but the forecast for quite a bit was day 4 and 5 looked wet.

They batted too long, out of vanity. They now get to say "how good did we look" and blame something else for not winning.

Yes they've had bad luck, but they could have played this better.

And you know what, how about Marnus' gritty 100 when we needed it. Legendary stuff. I love how it will likely be the ultimate clincher of the urn. And old fashioned, gritty, backs against the wall innings when you have no hope of winning. That's Test cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

4th Ashes Test England v Australia July 19-23 1930hrs @ Old Trafford

Back