Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Taylor did nothing
Got tackled I think, maybe one kick. Yeah. Anyway, Ford will obviously take his spot next week and I wouldn't be surprised if someone from VFL level got a chance as well.

What a weird ****ing year. We play better with him in the team and he actually plays with some campaigner in him.
It would seem the difference between playing Drury or Lazaro over Taylor, while they all provide close to **** all, Taylor can at least bring people to ground when tackling and take a pack mark.

Still been better than bailey Scott over the last month they’ve been in the team together

Not sure what he's doing. 75% TOG but gets little of the ball, doesn't gain ground, doesn't score.

Marks it well but not often, sticks the odd tackle but is usually shrugged off.

He does have some talent but unsure what role he's playing.
I believe it's called "making up the numbers".

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Might be a player who even if he isn’t getting big stats is able to follow instructions and influence play by where he puts himself. Can’t tell from here but if he keeps getting selected you would have to assume he’s doing whatever he’s been asked to do, at least well enough for now.

Bailey has been rubbish all year
Was ok on the weekend

CT has been comparatively better over the period they’ve been in

Stop it, I try and support the likes of Gurtis ( yes Gurtis) and then I read this rot, it's what makes me call players 'shitmen'.

And fyi & fwiw, 90% of the players I've labeled as " Shitmen " have been delisted. I'm not saying Brady sits in a meeting and has the TAO whiteboard with who are the shitmen, but the chances are high he does.

I have told a mutual friend I'm happy to chat with Rawling, but he just laughs, jokes on them fyi!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He certainly isn't firing on many cylinders but we seem stronger with him in the side.
if you're talking a Drury, lazzaro, Phillips or Stephens. I'm playing Taylor currently before any of them.
And that isn't a crack at those I just listed, just how I see it.
if i can borrow one of your terms, i think he is a more balanced "shitman" the others all have some pretty glaring weaknesses ( drury raw, Laz inconsistent, Phillips slow as treacle and stephens a coward) where CT is sort of just poor at most things without being diabolical in any one metric.

if i can borrow one of your terms, i think he is a more balanced "shitman" the others all have some pretty glaring weaknesses ( drury raw, Laz inconsistent, Phillips slow as treacle and stephens a coward) where CT is sort of just poor at most things without being diabolical in any one metric.

If you don’t touch the ball - you can’t make a mistake

Genius Reaction GIF

His kicking lacks depth and accuracy, has poor agility and struggles to stick a tackle.

I had high hopes but I think I got clouded by his early highlight reels.

So how did he get his early highlights reel in the first place then?

Why haven't we kept him going from 2022?

Might be a player who even if he isn’t getting big stats is able to follow instructions and influence play by where he puts himself. Can’t tell from here but if he keeps getting selected you would have to assume he’s doing whatever he’s been asked to do, at least well enough for now.

Mature body that understands the gameplan.

not sure if the Curtis Taylor or Kayne Turner thread…
Anyway, offers almost nothing. Met that wrong direction bloke that one time, only thing of note I can recall

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back