Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

I think everyone could agree early in the year some players effort was conditional. Feel like at the very least he competes, and is willing to put his body on the line.
Unfortunately for a guy who is 24 and been in the system for 6 years he still gets brushed off like a fresh drafted 18 year old when he tries to tackle.

Not sure what he's doing. 75% TOG but gets little of the ball, doesn't gain ground, doesn't score.

Marks it well but not often, sticks the odd tackle but is usually shrugged off.

He does have some talent but unsure what role he's playing.
Sounds a lot like Kayne Turner's profile. Could be on the list for another 5 years 🧐

But if you are on the field you are in the 22, anyone on the extended bench is at risk of being dropped or not being picked.
Yeah but it's a comment about him being named as a half forward flank, position is irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow no love for Curtis. Did well, had a couple of silly moments but 22 and six tackles. I knew I was right taking him off the shitmen list .
Played his best game for North. Very good with one costly blemish. We should be playing him if he can keep this up. A good past fortnight.

Strengths increasingly on display, while weaknesses less apparent. Was worried about his development for a while, but he's making a mockery of that concern in recent weeks.

EDIT: Oh, this is the OTHER Curtis' thread. Umm. Yeah today he was good. No real issues. Hopefully there's many more games like it!

He was a lot better. Encouraging signs, might just save his career.
So I reckon Taylor, Phillips saved their careers with us today . I believe both would get a chance elsewhere fwiw and we found someone hungry for a contest in Teakle. No four points but in general it was a good outing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back