Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

When the heat was on, he was reliable to halve contests and compete. Is a good runner as well and has been really solid.

If he keeps this up will be an important role player for the team.
Yep we just play better when he’s in the side

He knows the game plan, runs both ways, form has lifted

Has always had oodles of talent and yesterday showed what he can do when the application matches the talent level. He was outstanding

He's in the mason wood basket atm. We should have persisted with wood and kept him on and we should do the same with CT. Cut him and he'll go onto be a very serviceable player elsewhere

I watched that whole game very intently and I'm still surprised to learn he got 22 disposals.
I thought he was very good and reliable in almost all aspects of the game. Would be picking him over the likes of Stephenson or Stephens every day of the week.

Last edited:
I'm on record rating him lowly. Some talent though overstated but queries on AFL role and other areas.

However.

He's also the bloke I imagined getting a last chance somehere like Sydney, finally putting on 5 kg and looking like a solid role playing footballer.

In a very limited sample size way, he's done that in the last 2 weeks. To steal from someone else's post, there might still might be a pulse afterall.

I respectfully suggest we should be offering curtis a 2 year extension.

Curtis is held to be weak in the tackle, needs to hit the gym etc (the fact that he's not Hulk Hogan proves he must also be lazy, and/or preferring life as a social media starlet. Don't you just hate a young bloke who likes a suit.)

It was therefore something of a revelation to watch the Collingwood replay (a couple of times - tragic, I know). Taylor sticks a number of hard tackles, didn't shirk the contest, and in the brief melee following Maynard's sling tackle of Powell, Curtis rag-dolls Nick Daicos (which I'm sure we all applaud). He's a good mark, reasonable kick (incl on goal) and can run.

If we delist this bloke, he'll be picked up DFA no problem, and if we regret Mason Wood, we'll regret this one too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I respectfully suggest we should be offering curtis a 2 year extension.

Curtis is held to be weak in the tackle, needs to hit the gym etc (the fact that he's not Hulk Hogan proves he must also be lazy, and/or preferring life as a social media starlet. Don't you just hate a young bloke who likes a suit.)

It was therefore something of a revelation to watch the Collingwood replay (a couple of times - tragic, I know). Taylor sticks a number of hard tackles, didn't shirk the contest, and in the brief melee following Maynard's sling tackle of Powell, Curtis rag-dolls Nick Daicos (which I'm sure we all applaud). He's a good mark, reasonable kick (incl on goal) and can run.

If we delist this bloke, he'll be picked up DFA no problem, and if we regret Mason Wood, we'll regret this one too
My six year old daughter could rag doll Nick Daicos.

If he's going to make it (which I hope he does) half forward leading up to the wing has to be his go.

Has all the attributes, just needs to show it consistently.

Was decent today. Has the tendency to lose composure in key contests and looks to avoid contact at times, but is far more dynamic than Stephenson or Stephens ...

Last edited:
I'm on record rating him lowly. Some talent though overstated but queries on AFL role and other areas.

However.

He's also the bloke I imagined getting a last chance somehere like Sydney, finally putting on 5 kg and looking like a solid role playing footballer.

In a very limited sample size way, he's done that in the last 2 weeks. To steal from someone else's post, there might still might be a pulse afterall.
Can only hope its his 2nd coming. Maybe his interest has piqued?

I’d written him off a long time ago but time to eat some humble pie, since he’s been back in the team he’s been good and seems to be improving each week. As The Filth Wizard says where getting to the point where we’ll seriously have to consider giving him another contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back