AFL Player # 5: Elijah Tsatas

Remove this Banner Ad

The comments in this thread is embarrassing
Big time!

If we started him as starting inside mid tsatas would get 30 possies and the same posters would be calling him the next Judd.

The kids has a nose for the ball inside, can stand up in tackles even though he is rail thin, gets ball from in to out accurately and has burst speed from stoppage.

Plenty inside mids haven’t kicked the ball well, and get exposed when put on the wing or hff.

Twomey thinks people will come sniffing does he?

Can't see us trading him at a low point.
Yeah, I doubt anyone’s coming with a blockbuster offer.

Good Callum , plant that seed. Now we just hope he can't get a game before years end so his kicking isn't shown on live tv, then bang, we grab our first rounder back. No harm no foul
I’m pretty sure the recruitment guys at other clubs read this thread so I think we might be screwed.

Some have gone pretty early on Humphey too. He has averaged under 6 touches and kicked one goal in his last 5 games. If you take out the 5 goal game, he hasn't been that great this year.

Only really Wardlaw, Sheezel and Ashcroft from the 2022 draft have shown that they are consistently high quality developing players (IMO). None taken after Tsatas have consistently set the world on fire just yet. Some have shown glimpses and that is about it.

I'm hoping Tsatas develops. He has the appetite and has his head down. He missed half of is first year but can find the footy. Let David Rath work his magic for a year or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some have gone pretty early on Humphey too. He has averaged under 6 touches and kicked one goal in his last 5 games. If you take out the 5 goal game, he hasn't been that great this year.

Only really Wardlaw, Sheezel and Ashcroft from the 2022 draft have shown that they are consistently high quality developing players (IMO). None taken after Tsatas have consistently set the world on fire just yet. Some have shown glimpses and that is about it.

I'm hoping Tsatas develops. He has the appetite and has his head down. He missed half of is first year but can find the footy. Let David Rath work his magic for a year or two.
Yeah but can the guys taken after Tsatas kick the footy? That's the only thing that matters. Footy nous, work rate, marking ability, clean hands etc don't matter. CAN THEY KICK?

David Lee Rath should have stayed with Van Halen, far easier gig than fixing that kicking

100%. I would probably add Ginbey, Michaleney and Weddle to your list of guys that have consistently played high level but I think everyone accepted Ginbey would go to eagles (wonder if there was a go home factory worry there?) and we werent looking at a backmen so that ruled out Weddle/Michaleney (plus he was a F/S for adelaide).

I stand by my point, I was a throw away line. I have seen two media (both professional and amateur, sorry ZeroHangar) present this as an almost fact.

The media is a circle jerk recycling and regurgitating someone else's opinion. How many articles do you see saying "Kane Cornes says.."?? or what about "Caroline Wilson says..."?? Maybe even the shock jocks like Jon Ralph and Sam Maclure?

My point remains, the very minor research is thrown out the window if you can simply use a throw away quote from someone who has limited insider info as your own and direct that.

Its horrible that off the field is covered more than on the field.. Ive seen more articles on Isaac Heeney than I have who would be in the running for the rising star award despite I being covered more for weeks, if no months longer.

anyways, off topic. I hate the football media and all the sub pros and narratives I tries to push
Including player movement speculation. Just ****ing wait until the season is over.

Every other sport seems to be able to.

100%. I would probably add Ginbey, Michaleney and Weddle to your list of guys that have consistently played high level but I think everyone accepted Ginbey would go to eagles (wonder if there was a go home factory worry there?) and we werent looking at a backmen so that ruled out Weddle/Michaleney (plus he was a F/S for adelaide).
Weddle was also a bolter, and taken with pick 18. No chance in all hell we were taking him. It was really between Tsatas and Pou, and whilst i think Pou has a higher ceiling, Tsatas is much more likely to be a consistent player at AFL level. He was also the best player all year behind only ashcroft. Im glad we didnt take Pou, praying that he'd turn into the 'next bont'. Thats what we want/ed for Perk and its also what Dodoro said would happen with Ridley when he got drafted.

Weddle was also a bolter, and taken with pick 18. No chance in all hell we were taking him. It was really between Tsatas and Pou, and whilst i think Pou has a higher ceiling, Tsatas is much more likely to be a consistent player at AFL level. He was also the best player all year behind only ashcroft. Im glad we didnt take Pou, praying that he'd turn into the 'next bont'. Thats what we want/ed for Perk and its also what Dodoro said would happen with Ridley when he got drafted.
yeah not saying we made a mistake as weddle wasnt really on radar. But just with hindsight he wouldve been the best pick due to our new found midfield depth and lack of running back depth. (Im still not ready to give up on Tstatas for the record).

That tracks with my recollection of the commentary at the time around the quality of the draft, a handful of very good players at the pointy end before a sharp drop off to an even, comparatively mediocre first and second round

I watched an old interview with Ginbey before he got drafted where he stated that he was happy to go anywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 5: Elijah Tsatas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back